What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

warner archive4 - the Miracle - what happened to it? (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
A FEW YEARS AGO, WARNERS AIMED AT DOING A RESTORATION FO THE 1959 FILK, tHE mIRACLE.
Then nothing happened - No release - does anyone know why?

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
A FEW YEARS AGO, WARNERS AIMED AT DOING A RESTORATION FO THE 1959 FILK, tHE mIRACLE.
Then nothing happened - No release - does anyone know why?

Beats me. Surprised when I noticed that TCM was playing an old pan-and-scan print.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've never seen it, & I can't ever remember it being on TV (UK), it sounds like my kind of thing.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw this film when it was first released. I enjoyed it and would love to see it again. Does anyone know why is not even on a Warner Archive MOD disc?

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Perhaps the restoration of this film was more complicated than they anticipated. I recall reading Warner was considering reinserting a blacklisted writer’s name to the credits, so that might have something to do with the delay, on top of the fact that the film was shot in large format (Technirama).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My guess is more boring.

Large format is expensive to restore and this title may not have the sales potential to recoup that expense.

If Warner only has a video master of a pan and scan version, they won’t put that on MOD. They’ve said they’ll only do older transfers that are either OAR or open matte but not cropped.

So it may simply be a matter of not having a widescreen master and not having the resources to create one based on sales potential.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
No, It was announced here thqt Warners had finished a restoration of the film element.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
No, It was announced here that Warners had finished a restoration of the film element.
If that's true, we have a real mystery on our hands. Perhaps, just perhaps, this will be one of their surprise, out-of-the blue forthcoming announcements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks