What's new

Warner Archive: "Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series" on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
OK Kreskin (or Carnac) -- I see what you did there:

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44
Or copy/paste if the referral add-on screws WBSHOP's links like normal
wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44

Sale through 7/19 I think
Free Shipping and once you go above a minimum of 4 eligible titles, ea additional is $11.
The notice for this sale had been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today.

While Jonny Quest was not on sale the many other blu's I did purchase for $11/each made me feel that I saved enough to get it as well.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Anyone know if this new remastered complete series is available on DVD or is it a blu-ray only release?!

According to the reviews that I have read on the release, it apparently does contain the original, uncut versions of the episodes so I was thinking of picking it up but I would prefer DVD as high def doesn't really matter to me.

The recent Scooby-Doo Movies set and Popeye V4 were released by WB on both DVD & Blu-ray but for some reason Jonny Quest (and apparently the upcoming Jetsons set) is a blu-ray only release?!

Thanks.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I imagine they don't feel like it's enough of an upgrade from the older DVD to be worth updating the DVD set with the new transfers. They're more meant for the dedicated fan that most likely would be going for the Blu-Ray option anyways.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
With the low price of the Blu-ray I doubt the DVD (if it existed) would be much cheaper anyhow.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This is one of those releases that if I'd not already purchased a BR player just to watch ST:TOS remastered with original visual effects, which, like this series, didn't receive a DVD release, I'd purchase one. I love this series that much. The topping on the sundae is that the BR looks and sounds superb! With only a couple of minor issues it's absolutely, 100%, day of air.

Carbo3D

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Questers, I noticed the “Jonny Quest” DVD set has a running time of 676 minutes. The new Blu-ray is listed at 572 minutes. That’s 104 fewer minutes. What is missing?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Questers, I noticed the “Jonny Quest” DVD set has a running time of 676 minutes. The new Blu-ray is listed at 572 minutes. That’s 104 fewer minutes. What is missing?

Each episode was originally 25 minutes, this sounds like these are syndicated episodes as 22 X 26 = 572

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Each episode was originally 25 minutes, this sounds like these are syndicated episodes as 22 X 26 = 572
The running time listed on the BR case is incorrect.

Just to allay your fears I popped in disc 2 and checked the episode lengths. Most are 25:34 long with variances by a second or two. The extras make up the rest of the ~676 run time and are exactly the same ones on the DVD set.

With only a couple of very small audio issues (In "Monster in the Monastery" there's an odd bit of audio dropped into the middle of a scene and when Race pops out of the water in "Pursuit of the Po-Ho" the splash sound effect is missing) the episodes on the BR are NOB. That includes the differences in the open during the series as well as fully intact, original, show credits for each episode.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure

Just to allay your fears I popped in disc 2 and checked the episode lengths. Most are 25:34 long with variances by a second or two. The extras make up the rest of the ~676 run time and are exactly the same ones on the DVD set.

As has been said several times - With only a couple of very small audio issues (In "Monster in the Monastery" there's an odd bit of audio dropped into the middle of a scene and when Race pops out of the water in "Pursuit of the Po-Ho" the splash sound effect is missing) the episodes on the BR are NOB.

The episode Arctic Splashdown has a run time of 25:08, that is the shortest episode on the DVD, but on Dailymotion I see that it's 25:19. Why would WB cut 11 seconds?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

With only a couple of very small audio issues (In "Monster in the Monastery" there's an odd bit of audio dropped into the middle of a scene and when Race pops out of the water in "Pursuit of the Po-Ho" the splash sound effect is missing) the episodes on the BR are NOB. That includes the differences in the open during the series as well as fully intact, original, show credits for each episode.
Thank you Bob for clearing this up! I did have the feeling that the total run time stated wasn't right.

~Ben

Carbo3D

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Thanks for all the replies. I’m trying to figure out if I need to keep my standard def DVD set, since I will never watch it now that I have a better HD source. And I’m not digging the “mistake” in total running time, especially if it’s a discrepancy of 104 minutes! Is WB okay with this?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Thanks for all the replies. I’m trying to figure out if I need to keep my standard def DVD set, since I will never watch it now that I have a better HD source. And I’m not digging the “mistake” in total running time, especially if it’s a discrepancy of 104 minutes! Is WB okay with this?
The Blu-Ray running time given is not correct, according to Bob O'Link... he checked his set and the episodes all have an average length in the neighborhood of 25 minutes.

~Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks