What's new

Upscaling/HDef DVD Player merged thread (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Where did you get it from. I need to replace my old S-VHS JVC 7600 and move the DVD Recorder downstairs and get a new DVD player for the LCD upstairs. 40.00 is a great price at least until I step into HD-DVD.

adams82

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
I'm a bit of an HD noob, so please excuse me.

I took delivery of my Toshiba 42RV530U today and set it up with a cheap HT in a box (Samsung HT-Z310T). The manuals for both were rather vague, but the Samsung unit does upconvert but I'm not sure how... I can stop the DVD and change resolutions (480, 720, 1080i/p) and then play again. Would I be correct in saying that when I set that resolution to 720 or 1080, I am essentially "activating" the up scaling? I honestly didn't fiddle with it too much and the settings for the TV were out of the box, so I really didn't study the differences.

I do have the DVD player hooked up to the TV via HDMI...

Thanks!

pankarty

Grip
Real Name
pankarty
thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksv

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks