What's new

Universal Studios & Warner Brothers Reissued DVD Sets (2 Viewers)

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
I guess I got very lucky this time around.

The previous two times I purchased "Robocop: The Complete Series", the discs were warped beyond repair. I ended up returning them for a refund the two previous times. (The computer couldn't read the warped discs at all from these two previous sets).

To FIX DVD's and CD's that are WARPED, find something flat take outside with DVD find a flat surface to put item on ,like sidewalk put board down in sun put DVD on board ,put heavy phone book on top of DVD leave for several hours. Oh yeah put something between board so not to scratch DVD. Hope this helps. Sending things back is a real pain!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
has any season of WONDER WOMAN or complete series been released on single sided discs ? or are they just still on those disgusting flipper discs ?

The first season's worth (the lone ABC season, 1976-77) has been redone on singles; I do not know, however, if anytime in the future, the CBS seasons (the remaining two, 1977-79) will be redone on singles.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(This is probably superfluous).

The Bourne trilogy is being re-released on May 10, 2016.

http://www.amazon.com/Trilogy-Identity-Supremacy-Ultimatum-Blu-ray/dp/B01CJMBC26/

There's no mention of any dvd copies. Hopefully they will get it right this time, where all the discs are single-sided bluray discs.

(The last trilogy set had the individual double-sided BD59 flipper disc versions all put into a box.... blah).

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(This may be very superfluous and extraneous, borderline irrelevant nowadays).

I picked up the Schindler's List bluray today, and noticed it came with two single-sided dvd discs which had the two halves of the movie.

The main reason I never picked up this movie previously, was because it was originally released in america as a double-sided flipper disc in 2004, back in the day during the "flipper mania" era.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
In hindsight (though too little too late), double-sided discs shouldn't have been made a part of the dvd (and bluray) spec.

Thought I would suspect it would have been difficult to do (and enforce) something like this for the dvd spec, considering many laserdiscs were originally done as double-sided flipper discs for many years prior to 1996-97.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Darby, you never know, with the way TV and online streaming is now, it would benefit each studio to work on the back catalog, so that it could be used for syndication, with the properties that Uni owns Syfy channel, ahem, they run the crap out of twilight zone which is owened by CBS, why, because it is ready for great presentation, Hitch doesn't get the same treatment from the parent company that is a shame

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Darby, you never know, with the way TV and online streaming is now, it would benefit each studio to work on the back catalog, so that it could be used for syndication, with the properties that Uni owns Syfy channel, ahem, they run the crap out of twilight zone which is owened by CBS, why, because it is ready for great presentation, Hitch doesn't get the same treatment from the parent company that is a shame

Agreed, Dana.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Here's a repost of the list of Warner flipper dvd disc tv season sets still not re-released yet as single-sided dvd discs in america.

Kung-Fu - seasons 1, 2 and 3

Wonder Woman - seasons 2 and 3

MadTV - season 1

Without a Trace - season 1

Dallas - seasons 1 to 13

The Waltons - seasons 8 and 9

the orignal V - season 1

Most of these will be 8, 9 or 10 disc sets of single-sided discs, if Warner takes the lazy way out and just replicates the flipper sides as single-sided discs without any reauthoring. (ie. Originally were 4 or 5 double-sided flipper discs).

Most likely the only way we'll ever see these sets re-released as single-sided discs, is if all the old inventory is sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks