What's new

Ultimate Warner Non-OAR Petition (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
# 368.
Those of you "boycotting" the petition because it supports a choice instead of insisting on OAR...shame on you!
Life is all about choice! And I don't want to dictate to supporters of full frame what they can and cannot have.
Any more than I want them to dictate to me. I support CHOICE!
I realize that your choice was to be non-supportive of choosing...that's probably not going to help your cause.
***MY*** choice happens to be OAR, and I won't spend money on anything else any more. If OAR is available for me, I don't care what's available for anyone else.
[Edited last by David Lambert on August 16, 2001 at 07:56 PM]

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
#379! BTW I couldn't care less if p&s is on the disc as long as OAR is. The great thing about DVD is it makes it possible to make everyone happy. I just wish studios realized that.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
#392. I like the idea of intelligent petition. Recent outpouring of profanity does not help us and make us look like every other board.
------------------

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I will not be signing this petition because to me the wording is totally wrong. Why should we demand of a studio to release two separate versons of a movie when that is not what this forum is all about?
By signing this petition, you are actually giving support to non-OAR releases in the process of supporting OAR releases. It is actually like saying you are totally against studios like Fox and Paramount who only give us OAR versions, just as the films are supposed to be viewed. Though in the long run this petition is probably going to be more or less useless, if you go to extremes, is it too far a stretch to say maybe Fox and Paramount will take this as a calling to begin doing dual format releases as well?
Studios will have a tendency to not do separate versions of a film at the same time (which the petition calls for), but instead if they give you both versions they will do it on one disc cutting out the extras and alternate sound formas (DTS, commentaries, etc.). Just my thoughts on the subject. Before people get their feathers all ruffled up, maybe they think of some other consequences down the road before just signing anything that comes along.
J

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
I signed this petition. One of the reasons is because one of my favorite WB family/animated titles, Cats Don't Dance, was produced at hard-matted 1.85:1. A full-frame-only release would be an absolute travesty. Thus, I'm signing this petition to help it succeed, so that I might get CDD in anamorphic widescreen. (I'm also doing this for the Iron Giant SE, since THAT movie was 2.35:1, and a full-frame-only IG SE DVD would be even worse than a full-frame-only CDD DVD.)
[Edited last by Jeffrey Gray on August 17, 2001 at 12:29 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks