What's new

Ultimate Warner Non-OAR Petition (1 Viewer)

Ben Tallen

Agent
Hooray for lucky number 161!
------------------
"The Mob is run by murdering, thieving, lying, cheating psychopaths. We work for the President of the United States of America."

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
#170, are you jealous? you're jealous ;p
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!

Gavin K

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I can't sign this because it encourages the release of full-frame along with OAR. I believe in OAR only. I don't want choice. DVD = OAR, VHS = however studios want to butcher their films.
People are praising Richard Donner for insisting on OAR for the goonies. He didn't insist on giving viewers an option, he insisted on OAR. And got it. And that's the message Warner needs to hear.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I think it says more that above all else an OAR version should be available on DVD. After that is done, studios can do whatever else as long as it doesn't infringe on the presentation of that OAR.
Basically it says OAR or else.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Sorry to be a spoilsport...
I think they may have made the classic mistake of making the petition too long and adding spurious detail. I don't entirely agree with the reasoning myself, and will not sign even though I agree 100% with the conclusion.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi.
Signature number 257 here. This petition could become too big to ignore, maybe even bigger than the Wonka uprising. I'm hoping that between now and October, when the Warner chat is scheduled, enough of us OAR fans will get their attention. Here's hoping.
Matt

Jeff Cohen

Auditioning
Hey everyone. I've been a member here for a while, but haven't posted in a long time. Anyway, I wrote the petition that this thread is discussing. I know some of you complained that I'm asking for Full Screen...well, would we rather have both or just Full Screen? And I know some of you thought it was long, but I could have said a lot more (snappers, etc). Anyway, I hope all of you sign it, and continue to pass along the link to friends and other forums. I placed a September 1 end date to the petition which should be plenty of time to pass the goal of whatever the Wonka petition got (at least 10,000). I really think we can get them to budge if we throw enough at them.
Thanks for all the signatures!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Signature #312...
Craig! You saved all your money to buy a laserdisc player when you were 12! Man...you rule! I just stuck with widescreen tapes...
-Nate

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Signature #312...
Craig! You saved all your money to buy a laserdisc player when you were 12! Man...you rule! I just stuck with widescreen tapes...
-Nate
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

Users who are viewing this thread