What's new

True Lies DVD, nice rear action! (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I just got done watching the True LiesDVD that I bought today to replace my aging VHS copy (I know a special edition is coming soon but couldn't hold out much longer) and I would like to comment on the nice rear surround action I heard. The disc is not demo material to demo your system but it did sound pretty nice with lots of nice rear action. I'm very happy with my purchase.Just my .02.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Keith, I have the laserdisc and the sound is nothing less than great. It does have a very good circumambience. I'm hanging on the LD at least until SE is released on DVD.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I used to have it and yes, the sound was pretty good. I would consider buying it again if the audio was dts and it was a 2 disk 5 star SE.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Yes, I thought the surround (note avoidance of word "rear") action was pretty nice as well. I'm hoping the 5-Star Edition can improve it even more!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I'd buy both, especially with dts as an option. I love the scene where he is escaping the chateau and the guards are after him. Great surround effects from the bullets and gunfire.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
How is the Trading Places DVD?
I'm not sure Trading Places is available on DVD yet. If I recall correctly, Widescreen Review indicated it'll be released in 2002 (not sure which month). Then we'll have headlights to go with the taillights in True Lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks