What's new

True Blood: Season Two (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Eric has gotten more screen time due to the fact that he is popular. Entertainment Weekly had a poll with the top vampires and he got 42% to Bill's 10%.
He's a better actor.

I can't think of the name of the actor who played Godrick, but flat out that was an unbelievably awesome performance. What was interesting is that Godrick raised tons of ethical questions about the direction of vampires, whether or not they were evolving as a species. And what role did they have. Godrick seemed to be of incredible acceptance of humans, etc. and had a completely different view as to their role in the world.
I found that entire sequence to be incredibly well written, maybe the best of the series. Easily, this was the deepest episode as far as establishing the mythos of the show.

mylan

Screenwriter
I agree completely. The scenes between Godrick and Eric were some of the best of the series, this episode and the one where Godrick makes Eric were unbelievable. True Blood always has had a "campyness" to it but the latter scene was as riveting as we have ever seen.

The actor who plays Eric, Alexander Skarsgard, played Sgt. Brad "Iceman" Colbert in HBO's Generation Kill and was excellent in that as well.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I have enjoyed S2 far more than S1. Eric is a big part of that, but it's just been a bit more crazy and fun.

I agree the Eric and Godric stuff has been great, especially when Eric gets turned.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this week as much as the rest, and found myself laughing out loud several times. Especially when Jason used the "already been to heaven" line.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

..... I do wonder how it's doing so good (even taking into account that the numbers for an HBO hit are way less than a network show) and how 'normal' people are able to handle some of the show's more graphic content. I mean in the last three or four episodes, there's been multiple orgies, people having a heart fed to them, attempted human sacrifice, vampires having sex covered in their victims' blood- all that seems way beyond what the average viewer wants to see.
TrueBlood is unique because it appeals to everyone's dirty little guilty pleasure, all of us, at the exact same time. BDSM, latex, goths, BMWs and black couture, leather, blood, boobs, southern girls, the preacher's wife, construction workers, angsty vampires, bi-sexuality, teenagers that never grow up, acid trips, bikers, werewolves & shape shifters, orgies, ancient greek things that eat like pigs but look good, Carl the slave, Ginger the fang banger, the mafia, prostitutes, The cocktail waitress who knows every dirty thought you ever had and everybody else seems to swill hard liquor like its going out of style just so the viewers in A.A. can live a little vicariously.

So my theory is that 85% of people get just a little too excited at one point or another and everybody is happy because it allows the audience to indulge themselves while casting judgement on everybody else's kink, wrapped-up with enough wit and humor that almost nobody becomes uncomfortable for too long.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The resolution of the Godrick storyline was touching and sad. I enjoyed the episode a lot. The only problem is now we are left with a storyline I really don't care about. :( In some ways, I was hoping for Godrick to say something about Marriane, but maybe fitting he didn't.
Great closing scene there.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I have not been a big fan of the Marriane story line, but I have not hated it. However, after watching the previews for the next weeks episodes I think it will finish with a bang.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Allan Hyde turned in one hell of a performance as Godric (I believe he is 20 and has not done much prior to TB).
If TB is any indication, he has a bright acting future.

His passing is biggest disappointment of show.

He and Lafayette were my 2 fav characters by far.

Great performances by both.

For me, Hyde's performance (altho brief) is on par with Clancy Brown as Brother Justin in Carnival, and Ian McShane as Al Swearengen in Deadwood.

Brilliant acting.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Count me in as one who watches this show typically because of its campiness and goofiness...usually laughing AT it more than with it.

But, the Godric/Eric stuff was a step above and beyond. I just wanted that line to develop into its own show - so much better than brooding/whiny Bill or the repetetive Maryanne storyline. Truly a bummer to lose the Godric character - he was an enlightened vampire. It would have been interesting to watch his effect on others. Of course, he may have an effect on Eric we have yet to see.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know why several people are down on the Maryanne storyline. I find her fascinating, and she scares the crap out of me! If I was Sam I sure as hell wouldn't want that chasing me down. I'm just having a hard time figuring out why she wants Sam so bad. I know there was some history between them - but why is he such a prize sacrifice??

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jim Rankin

I don't know why several people are down on the Maryanne storyline. I find her fascinating, and she scares the crap out of me! If I was Sam I sure as hell wouldn't want that chasing me down. I'm just having a hard time figuring out why she wants Sam so bad. I know there was some history between them - but why is he such a prize sacrifice??
Yeah, I dig the Maryanne story too. However, I can see why people are saying that it's starting to get repetitive (even taking into account that each episode is about a day so it probably should take a good chunk of the season for people to start catching on that something weird was happening in town). I said it last week too but I'd guess that the story is about to change since Sookie and company must get back to Bon Temps next episode.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
For me, the most enjoyment part of this has been Hoyt and Jessica.

And I LOVED seeing Lafeyette kick Eggs ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks