What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I haven't seen any Real D posters. The ones posted on IMDb and impawards.com, except foreign ones, don't display any Real D logos. I will concede that I haven't been to a cinema since Thanksgiving [the Eli Roth flick, not the holiday].
RealD is promoting it on X and on their web site, as well (along with Kung Fu Panda 4).

1709569304550.png

They also have this poster at IMDB (RealD logo at bottom), though I guess this is for UK.

1709569428479.png

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
RealD has been promoting movies lately only to have theaters run just one or two 3D showings per day or none at all, with tons of lousy 2D showings.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Sad that Wonka didn't go 3D. So many floating chocolates and people with great perspectives. Wonka was capable of being as effective as Hugo in that regard. I guess they didn't have faith in its viability prior to releasing it.
I would go again if they released a 3D conversion!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Just in case people were waiting

The Marvels 4K/3D/Movienex announced in Japan

The Marvels 4K/3D/Movienex Steelbook

Preorders now live for std and steelbook. Note shipping for preorders is still showing extreme prices when more than a week or two prerelease. For Std case i'd suggest waiting or at least keeping a close eye starting a couple weeks ahead to cancel/reorder or try changing shipping speeds to get the normal price. Also the Std is a listing price and has not had the first price drop yet. I expect the release price will be somewhere near the last couple items and release day aorund 7400-7600Y (ignoring GST removal/sales tax or Vat additions).

For those interested in the Steelbook that won't work since these usually sell out well ahead of release,

For areas AmazonJp don't ship to or have triple shipping costs Yesasia is an option. A bit more expensive than Amazon to the US but overall quite reliable and to some countries less expensive than Amazon
The Marvels 4K/3D/Movienex Yesasia

FWIW or FYI: the shipping to the US for Marvels 3D has now dropped to the normal amount. For those waiting to order or possibly cancel/reorder it's time. I;m a bit shocked it was this close to release date and was starting to wonder.

2900Y std, 3160 Priority -- around $66USD +sales tax with priority shipping for a single copy using a FOREX free CC checking out in Japanese Currency. Add approx 3+% using Amazon Converter or a non Forex Free card.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
FWIW or FYI: the shipping to the US for Marvels 3D has now dropped to the normal amount. For those waiting to order or possibly cancel/reorder it's time. I;m a bit shocked it was this close to release date and was starting to wonder.

2900Y std, 3160 Priority -- around $66USD +sales tax with priority shipping for a single copy using a FOREX free CC checking out in Japanese Currency. Add approx 3+% using Amazon Converter or a non Forex Free card.
I going to wait a lot longer, I just can’t afford these prices. Perhaps in a few months the cost to the Uk will drop enough to deter me from ordering the alternative $6 copy under the counter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I ordered Thor: Love & Thunder, Wakanda Forever, and Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness all together. Shipping was about the same as for a single disc, so it all worked out to around $40 per title (the three discs were around Y18000, shipping was around Y3200).

If you can wait and order them in batches, you can save a bit.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I ordered Thor: Love & Thunder, Wakanda Forever, and Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness all together. Shipping was about the same as for a single disc, so it all worked out to around $40 per title (the three discs were around 18000, shipping was around 3200).

If you can wait and order them in batches, you can save a bit.

There was a while where Amazon.co.jp was only allowing Americans to preorder those titles and would not allow any sales to the States on and after streetdate. Glad to hear that’s no longer the case.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Been a while since I watched the Dune disc, but I recall not being that thrilled with the 3D presentation. I need to watch it again sometime before I see Part 2.

Got a shipping notice yesterday from Amazon Japan that my three Marvel 3D's are on the way.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
One of my viewings of Dune (Part 1) in theatres was in 3D.

I wasn't all that impressed as there wasn't much 3D at all during the course of the film. Unfortunately.

I chose NOT to pick it up in 3D and stuck with the 4K version only.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m probably as big of a 3D guy as they come, and I was just underwhelmed with the 3D presentation on it as well. I reached it a few weeks ago and was surprised at myself for having the thought that that was probably the last time I’ll watch it in that format.

There are a lot of scenes in low light that the conversion doesn’t handle effectively, so the choice becomes pumping up the brightness on your display to give the dimensionally a chance to be perceptible, but in doing so, the intention of it being low light scenes gets compromised. This was converted to 3D more for extra box office dollars at the international market (specifically China) than by the artistic design of the filmmakers. And now American films have been severely underperforming at the Chinese box office, which is probably why they didn’t bother to convert Part 2.

I think the 2D version just looks better.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Not on disc - and may never be - but I saw "Kung Fu Panda 4" 3D yesterday.

The 3D was okay but unmemorable. Some decent depth but not much that stood out to me as impressive.

Disappointing because the 3D BD for the first movie was terrific!

Didn't see "KFP2" BD 3D - should probably try to find a copy.

Don't think "KFP3" had a 3D BD - at least not in the US. Didn't see one listed online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks