What's new

HTF AWARDS 2023: Nominations for BEST 4k PACKAGING 2023 (Nominate 2) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
bestworst.png

Nominate Best 4k Packaging of 2023
Nominate Worst 4k Packaging of 2023
Nominate Best 4k Release of 2023
Nominate Worst 4k Release of 2023
Nominate Best Studio of 2023
Nominate WorstStudio 2023

This is your opportunity to have your voice heard! Whereas other discussion forums have their reviewers determine the best and worst of the year, we are leaving it up to our members to cast their votes.

Please read the following carefully:

1. Nominate your two choices for the BEST PACKAGING OF 2023. This is based on the titles that had the most clever packaging or included extras for 2023. The top 5 choices go on to the final voting round.

2. Only one 2-choice nomination per member. You can repeat titles that others have nominated. As stated above, the top 5 nominated go on to the final voting round.

3. NO DISCUSSIONS in this thread, please. To make things easy on compiling your nominations, it is kindly asked you only post your two top choices.

4. Nominations will close and this thread will be locked on January 19, 2024. At that point, your choices will be compiled and the top nominations move on to the final voting round.

Note: Blu-ray was not included in these awards. Truth be, your nominations take a lot of work to compile and it was felt that since 4k is the best format on physical media, the awards should reflect such.

Quote Reply
Select for moderation Report Edit Delete IP Rotate

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Three Colors Trilogy (Curzon)
Bloodsport (Capelight) (ok, this is just a digibook, but I liked the quality of the hardcover very much)

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
The Warriors (Arrow) - I'm usually not a sucker for premium packaging and Crackerjack prize doo-dads, but this set put a smile on my face
The Princess Bride (Criterion) - just a classy, storybook case that fits the film perfectly.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Mandalorian Season 1 and Season 2 - UHD 4k steelbook
WandaVision - UHD 4k steelbook.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection: Volume 3 (Universal)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Pumpkinhead 4K UHD Steelbook (Shout!/Scream Factory)
The Last Dragon 4K UHD Steelbook (Sony/TriStar)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Hellraiser Quartet of Torment Limited Edition box (Arrow Video UK). Arrow Video had already released the first three films as a blu-ray box set in 2016. The transfers were problematic and the box set wasn’t really special. It was just a cardboard box, housing three blu-rays. Now Arrow Video has remastered all the films properly and presented a set of films in an extraordinarily designed box, completed with a great hardbound book. Reminds me of the best LaserDisc box sets.

Bruce Lee At Golden Harvest Limited Edition (Arrow Video UK). Another extraordinary box set from the company that consistently does them best. In comparison to Criterion’s Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits effort from 2020 (which sold well and received great reviews), Arrow took all the films to a whole different level. New scans, great mastering, endless supplements, all presented really well in a box, with the films in separate DigiPacks. None of this trying to dig out the films from way-too-tight sleeves. Both the blu-ray and 4K UHD box sets sold out. Price is no obstacle, if the object is so desirable.

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
Road House (Vinegar Syndrome) - A rare release from this studio that I picked up, but it had the same great care and packaging put into it that I have seen on their other 4K releases.

Touch of Evil (Eureka/Masters of Cinema) - Eureka has been putting out high-quality releases and the packaging to match, and I'm glad I waited for this one and didn't pick up the Kino Lorber one.

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
The Toho 4K box of "King Kong vs. Godzilla".
The Arrow 4K box set, "Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks