What's new
World Wide Stereo

To Receive Directv on Dish 500 (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Dish 500 that I am not using. Some of the programs that directv offers interests me. Is there way that I can point the Dish500 to the directv bird and use a directv receiver and call for programming? Would that work?

I tried searching this forum for an answer and could not find any previous postings.

However found few other forums on the net where people had asked similar questions but they were 4 years old. Not sure if anything has changed that would prevent me to do this.

anyone who has done this?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The best answer is "it depends". It will work if you have a Dish500 and a pair of dual LNBs. Repoint it so one of the LNB's is receiving a signal from DirecTV's 101 satellite location. Bypass any Dish switches so the LNB is connected either to an approved DirecTV multi-switch or direclty to the receiver.

If you have a DishPro LNB, Twin LNB or Quad LNB then your Dish500 is not compatible with DirecTV. It will be cheaper to get the correct dish than replace the LNB in most cases.

-Robert

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Robert, thanks for your reply. I will look into the possibility this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallFlagg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale