What's new

They're nuts! A crazy movie characters tournament! (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Elijah Price (Unbreakable)
Frank Booth (Blue Velvet)
Sgt. Barnes (Platoon)
Steve, you disappoint me by disallowing Leonard Shelby. We're talking about a man who most likely......
Murdered his wife, deluded himself into thinking a robber did it, can no longer remember anything that happened since and probably doesn't actually really remember anything before. In fact, the woman he remembers as being his wife, who he probably also killed, probably was't even his actual wife. He even got scammed into killing at least one other person and possibly more.
You don't think that's nuts?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
While I'm at it, you're not sure about Porter? You gotta be kidding! Let me quote the guidelines back to you.
Bingo!
And Jackie Flannery was nutty as a fruitcake!
I was thinking about Feck in River's Edge, but I wonder if Layne (Crispin Glover) wasn't even more nuts. In the end, I think maybe Daniel Roebuck (Forgot the character's name) is the looniest one of the bunch. That movie is ripe with potential.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Layne wasn't nuts, he was just excitable and misguided. John (Roebuck) was nuts, but mostly just really dumb. Feck was nuts, but Hopper was much much nuttier in Blue Velvet so the nomination felt redundant and unnecessary to me.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
John: yeesh! Like I said, it's been awhile since I've seen 'em. :p)
I'll put them on the noms list and see what happens.
And speaking of crazy, Barnes over Killer Kane? :crazy:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm digging beneath the surface, but I see John as nuts in the Dahmer sense of the word. If I met them in real life, I would be much more afraid of John than Feck, though I would definitely keep my distance from both of them. Can you tell I think about these things? :crazy:

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
River's Edge spoilers below:

Well, John wasn't DRIVEN to kill, it was an impulsive thing that happened (almost accidentally) when he was really stoned. On the other hand, he did enjoy it enough to make you think he wouldn't hesitate much to do it again.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I would be much more afraid of John than Feck, though I would definitely keep my distance from both of them. Can you tell I think about these things?
I feel much the same way about, say, Alex DeLarge and Frank Booth. The former wouldn't scare me nearly as much as the latter. Of course, I'd avoid them both...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I don't know why you changed that. I thought it was funny.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
While we're talking River's Edge, how about the little brother. That's one individual heading downhill at breakneck speed. Like I said, that movie is ripe with crazies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks