What's new

The X Files is coming back! (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So near as I can tell, the six episodes will be written by Chris Carter (presumably doing the opener and finale), Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, Frank Spotnitz and James Wong. While not everyone is there (notably Vince Gilligan, John Shiban and Howard Gordon), I love that they got a lot of the band back together for this.

For anyone that missed it, the show will be on after some NFL playoff on Sunday, January 24. Then the next episodes is on the next night at its regular day/time of Monday at 8 PM (from January 25 to February 22).

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
A friend of mine is working on the new series, but he won't say a word about it. It's beyond top secret. The production is probably monitoring this forum right now, and I think ALL IS WELL, I AM DAVID, DO NOT CONCERNED ALL OF YOU, CONTINUE OF MESSAGES X-FILES

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Always liked the chemistry of the leads. Not a fan of the anti-science/rational thought stance of the series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The original episode you reference
is still one of the most fucked up things that's ever been on TV. Nice that they're not afraid to make a sequel (if that's what it is)!

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Adam Lenhardt said:
A few tidbits regarding the one of the new episode:

That episode definitely gave me a case of the heebie jeebies back then.

I will definitely be looking forward to this.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Disturbing network television content seemed to be the exception back when "Home" first aired in the 90s, but now it seems to be the go-to format (see Hannibal, Aquarius, Wayward Pines, etc.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First photo of Mulder and Scully from the new run:

CHJlbOkUIAEo8rw.jpg

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Definitely looks like a rehearsal because he's still in Californication wear. And the shot of them kissing that's going around, hey - it's not on the lips, people, it's two actors making nice as they get together again.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Didn't you guys watch the last movie? Mulder was basically on the outs with the FBI and something of a paranoid isolationist. I wouldn't expect him to just be back to business as usual in this working in the basement with Scully.

Here's Mulder and Scully in 'I Want to Believe'
image.jpg

Here's a few more of the new set pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Thanks for the pics. Yeah, that looks like his episode character look now. But after watching Aquarius, and seeing Duchovny more and more slipping totally back into wiseacre Mulder mode, you realize that's all he ever plays. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :cool:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
The best news in the article? We have a confirmed new Darin Morgan-penned episode coming our way:

“Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-Man.”

But the tough questions are being asked on EW's cover: "What's the story with Scully's hair?" What indeed. Hopefully next month they can have a follow-up article on her nail polish.

Edit: After looking in the comments on the article, apparently EW knows their readership better than me. Half the comments are begging the producers to bring back her red hair. Apparently a fictional character dyeing their hair blonde can be very distressing for some people.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I read the print version of the article, which has more detail than the online version, and it has me eager for the show to come back now.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Some homework viewing to do to prep for the mini-series.

10 essential X-Files episodes every fan should watch, according to creator Chris Carter

1. “Pilot” (Season 1, Episode 1)
The one that introduced Mulder, Scully, their defining characteristics, their relationship, their world.

2. “Deep Throat” (Season 1, Episode 2)
This ep introduces the idea of a government conspiracy/cover-up of E.T. activity and a mysterious informant, code-named Deep Throat.

3. “Beyond the Sea” (Season 1, Episode 13)
The episode that sees Scully become the believer after the death of her father overlaps with the case of an allegedly psychic serial killer.

x-files-03.jpg
Image Credit: Everett Collection

4. “The Erlenmeyer Flask” (Season 1, Episode 24)
There’s a shocking death, and from this point forward, the conspiracy storyline become the driving narrative of the show.

5. “The Host” (Season 2, Episode 2)
There’s something sinister lurking in the sewers in this classic monster-of-the-week episode. One word: Flukeman.

6. “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose”(Season 3, Episode 4)
In one of the greatest X-Files episodes ever (the only one to win a writing Emmy), Peter Boyle guest stars as a morbid psychic.

x-files-02.jpg
Image Credit: Fox

7. “Memento Mori” (Season 4, Episode 14)
Though it features the usual alien rhetoric, this episode is best remembered as the one in which Scully learns she has cancer, launching a major character arc.

8. “Post-Modern Prometheus” (Season 5, Episode 5)
A Frankenstein-inspired tale about a lovelorn monster, it’s notable for its beautiful black-and-white cinematography.

9. “Bad Blood” (Season 5, Episode 12)
The signature episode from a young Vince Gilligan, Mulder and Scully investigate a vampire case told in flashback from both Mulder and Scully’s POV.

10. “Milagro” (Season 6, Episode 18)
A favorite of the X-Files writing staff, Mulder and Scully contend with an author whose gruesome fiction becomes reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks