What's new

The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection coming 9/13/16 (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
bouncing between the two sets to see the crossovers, wonder if Universal, is just going to package the new releases and release it as Classic Monsters Volume 2?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
????? This is a blu-ray collection (also available as DVD).
Dracula, The Mummy, and the Invisible Man are not listed as being Bluray in the complete sets But Wolfman & Frankenstein are ...

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm in for this and Frankenstein. I'm surprised Wolfman came before Dracula.
Just keep in mind if you already own the Wolfman and buy the Frankenstein set you are only getting 2 new films: Werewolf of London and She Wolf of London. Not worth a set price for just 2 films IMHO unless its on sale very cheap.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm in for this and Frankenstein. I'm surprised Wolfman came before Dracula.
I was just thinking the exact same thing, Allen!

The Dracula Legacy set absolutely NEEDS to be issued on Blu-ray! Hopefully, it's just a matter of a few weeks before an announcement is made along that line?

CHEERS! :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Ok I have looked at both this set and Frankenstein set and there is a lot of cross over of the same movies. I'm gonna have to give this a real thought on what I want.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
thinking about it and seeing how I ran the Universal Monster series a year or so ago, I'm in zero rush to upgrade these since I own the initial 8 film set on blu. I'll wait until there's a complete boxset or something. I can wait 10 years if need be to get these dirt cheap if a complete set never appears on some sort of media. I've already dipped too many times on these to rush out and support the releases the day they come out.

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Looks like there is a great deal of duplication across the Wolfman Collection and the Frankenstein Collection. Both contain the "shared universe" features in which both appear: Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man; House of Frankenstein; House of Dracula & Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.

Since I already have the Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection set, there will be double dipping if I buy either, but I think it likely I will purchase the Frankenstein set and get the full Larry Talbot/Wolfman saga, plus Son of Frankenstein (which I love-Basil Rathbone is wonderfully manic as Frankenstein) and Ghost; thus I will only miss out on the Blu-ray version of Werewolf of London (which is a shame) & She-Wolf of London(which I can live without).

The Blu-rays for the Collection looked outstanding compared to the DVD sets, so if the quality level is maintained for the "lesser" sequels the double dip for the upgrade will be worth it for me.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Should be packaged as double features.

Or as one set, all the Dracula, Wolfman and Frankenstein films in one set.

Vol 2 could be the Mummy, Invisible Man and Creature From the Black Lagoon films.

Vol 3. could be a Bela & Karloff set with The Raven, Black Cat, etc.

No overlap.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Or as one set, all the Dracula, Wolfman and Frankenstein films in one set.

Vol 2 could be the Mummy, Invisible Man and Creature From the Black Lagoon films.

Vol 3. could be a Bela & Karloff set with The Raven, Black Cat, etc.

No overlap.
Maybe so, but I'll take them as I can get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks