What's new

The Sparks Brothers blu-ray (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Haven't seen anyone discussing this documentary feature on this site by Edgar Wright (Baby Driver, Hot Fuzz, Shaun Of The Dead, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World). Sparks are the greatest unknown American band in America. I've been a huge fan for decades - they are still releasing great music 50 years after their debut. I went to see how many Sparks albums I actually had and counted 21, plus an anthology box!

This terrifically entertaining documentary shows viewers, who are unaware of the Mael brothers, why they have a tremendous cult following all over the world - just not in the States! It's 2 hours and 25 minutes long and simply flies by. There is a second disc stuffed with extras too. The only thing I wish, is that they played longer snippets of all the songs featured - but then the film would've ended up five hours longer!

IMG_5831.jpg

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, I'll be buying the Blu-ray next week. I was a big fan of Sparks in the seventies, & still regularly listen to those three brilliant albums: Kimono My House/Propaganda/Indiscreet, & then Sparks went to the dark side (disco) & I lost interest for some years (but I carried on enjoying those three albums). And then on a whim I bought the Lil' Beethoven album, & I've bought & enjoyed every album since. I can't think of any other seventies act that is as good & original today as they were then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks