The Seventh Seal - Criterion Blu-ray OOP according to Amazon?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Moises, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Moises

Moises Agent

Mois├ęs Chiullan
    Criterion's site lists it as still available, but I went to Amazon yesterday to snag it at the lovely sale price it's been at for a few weeks (sub-$20), and...I couldn't.

The "re-issue" DVD version is still available from Amazon, but since yesterday, the following is what you see on the Blu-ray product page:

[​IMG]
    I've put an email in to the people I know at Criterion to see what's up, but I'm sure I won't hear anything from them until at least early next week. Anyone on here know what's going on...?

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    It is still available from Hastings www.gohastings.com, Deep Discount DVD www.deepdiscountdvd.com and Best Buy was still listing it as available a few minutes ago, although you will pay $30+ for it at all three places.

3. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    Criterion's website indeed lists it as available (www.criterion.com/films/173), so I'd say something is amiss on Amazon's end. Best Buy, Borders and Barnes & Noble all list it as in stock.

4. ccfixx

ccfixx Stunt Coordinator

Chris

It probably means that because of the lower price during the Criterion sale on Amazon's site for the past month, many people jumped on the deal, Amazon ran out of stock, Amazon doesn't know when they'll get in a new shipment from Criterion, and you missed out on a great blu-ray at a great price.

CC

5. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    according to a post over at Blu-ray.com someone got a response back from Criterion thru e-mail that the title is NOT OOP just ran out of stock, went on to say their distributor didn't have a definate date for restocks, but eluded to sooner than later.