What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (2 Viewers)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I think that's called a Burmese.
Thank you, It was one of those words I knew, but it was just stuck in my brain. One of those things where it finally clicks a bit later.

It's actually kind of funny, I beat all my friends at trivia games and can recall the strangest facts that I somehow picked up along the way. I'd be terrible at Jeopardy, the knowledge is there, but it takes me a few seconds to find it. :cool:

Not nearly as annoying as Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory", although friends do compare me to him. Something I find incredibly annoying. I have one cat, unlike Sheldon in the Zazzy cat episode.:dancing-banana-04:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Years ago we had two sable brown burmese. They were WONDERFUL! Specially the male, Henry. He was a body builder of cats. Rock solid and handsome. His personality was fabulous. Welcoming to strangers, even in crowds. Affectionate, he always to be with me.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Years ago we had two sable brown burmese. They were WONDERFUL! Specially the male, Henry. He was a body builder of cats. Rock solid and handsome. His personality was fabulous. Welcoming to strangers, even in crowds. Affectionate, he always to be with me.

Had a brother/sister Burmese. Like yours, the male was a stud, muscular like a mini-panther. They used to run and play outside, climb trees and just lay out in the sun on my garage. Even though declawed, something I will never do again, they could climb anything.

He passed away at four years old, never knew what happened. Sister is still here, 18 now, but her entire personality changed after her brother died. She never went outside again. Just lives in somewhere in the house, rarely see her.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Had a brother/sister Burmese. Like yours, the male was a stud, muscular like a mini-panther. They used to run and play outside, climb trees and just lay out in the sun on my garage. Even though declawed, something I will never do again, they could climb anything.

He passed away at four years old, never knew what happened. Sister is still here, 18 now, but her entire personality changed after her brother died. She never went outside again. Just lives in somewhere in the house, rarely see her.
That's so sad about the male and the female's response. For future reference, you can have a necropsy done when there is doubt as to cause of death.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That's so sad about the male and the female's response. For future reference, you can have a necropsy done when there is doubt as to cause of death.

Considered a necropsy (animal version of a human autopsy) but decided against it. He went from a healthy 16 lbs. down to 8 lbs. in about two months. Beautiful Burmese fur thinned out and turned white. Tube fed him pureed prescription high nutrition food for several months. No improvement, he hated it and I hated doing it. Finally gave up and had him euthanized. He was not living a good life. Something I will never put an animal through again.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Ricky Gervais posts a lot of pictures on Twitter of himself with his cat Ollie.

https://twitter.com/rickygervais

VaPUCm3l.jpg

Cd_gnPtXIAA8-eD.jpg

CeK2fxwW0AA79Hk.jpg

CeggmKSWsAALEFK.jpg

CejGQqCW4AAuZQ1.jpg

CelhlIvW4AANxUr.jpg

And now I just discovered that Ollie has her own Twitter!

https://twitter.com/myleftfang

lGTJuN5v.jpeg

Fun and silly stuff!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Took my cat outside today, fantastic weather, but caught her sitting on the porch (she decided to come out of hibernation) so took her another 50 feet to the garden area. Didn't go well, two seconds later she was back in the house. If I'm lucky, might see her sometime next week.

And my favorite kitty litter, $7 for 25 lbs. is now discontinued, I bought the last one. Now I have to go for TidyCat or whatever, that is 2-3 times the price.

Have to take my dog to the vet next week for the ear infection that hasn't gone away.

Having pets can be quite expensive.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
PetSmart discontinued their house-brand litter we liked. Fortunately the local WinCo chain started selling a $9 for 40lbs bag that's a good replacement. Dukie and Condi approve.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
PetSmart discontinued their house-brand litter we liked. Fortunately the local WinCo chain started selling a $9 for 40lbs bag that's a good replacement. Dukie and Condi approve.

I'll have to check that out. We've got a WinCo, but never shopped there (it's probably a 6-7 mile drive) but I'll see what they have.

Stopped going to PetSmart, PetCo, etc. years ago. Way over-priced on everything they sell. We've got local mom & pop stores that are much nicer and actually care about their customers.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
That's a short drive to a WinCo: high quality at WalMart prices. You have to bag your own stuff: it's worth it. Great produce, seafood, and bakery items at cheap prices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks