What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (2 Viewers)

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
12374744_10154386369989606_5349976867509545462_o.jpg

This is Emma, she was my fathers day present. She has had a rough time but is doing much better now. She was one of our fosters that we decided to keep. We do fostering for the Seattle Humane Society so far about 40 kitties nursed back to health and adopted.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
David, I congratulate you on your fostering of cats. It's people like you who make a difference in so many feline lives. That's 40 cats who either would not be living or would be homeless without you.

BTW, I have a thing for black cats. You have probably learned they can be difficult to find homes for, people just aren't interested in black cats. It's a mystery to me because I find black cats to particularly beautiful. Emma looks like a sweetie. Live Long and Prosper, Emma.

Last edited:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
One of the best cats I ever had was a black cat. Shadow was the mother of the nearly 20-year-old Smudge I still have today. She was a stray when I got her and could be quite mean with hissing and swatting in her younger days. After a few years, she had turned into the sweetest cat you could ever want and if I was laying on the couch she would lay on my chest and use my jaw for a pillow.

Here they both are enjoying the view out a second story window during her last few months.

smudge_shadow_01.png

And, in looking for that picture above I stumbled upon a video of Shadow lounging and purring. It was heartwarming for me to happen upon this short video of a long lost friend happy and content.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Luckie.JPG

This is Luckie. She moved in about 8 years ago. We found her under the neighbors canoe. She had a collar but no identification and no chip. We posted pictures and alerted the local police and human society but no one ever claimed here. Turns out she was pregnant and had a bit of a rough time. Only 2 of her kittens survived. Later we found out why she was probably set free. She has seizures and loses control of her bladder. Plus she does not like females much so we have to assume she may have been abused by a female.

Well here she is 8 years later and she couldn't be happier. She follows me everywhere. :D

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Emma she replaced my other black cat who passed away from cancer a year earlier. He was my best buddy and it was nice that Emma has replace him and has adopted a lot of his traits.

10265635_10152864243419606_7624962982965590517_o.jpg

This was a few months before he past away...

We also have two other kitties as well
1064738_10152729606594606_2561510011602085732_o.jpg

Dusty

482410_10151727204399606_306805873_n.jpg

Lilly

All of them are x-foster kitties... :)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
In Britain it's the other way around: black cats are signs of good luck. From Wikipedia:

The folklore surrounding black cats varies from culture to culture. The Scots believe that a strange black cat's arrival to the home signifies prosperity. In Celtic mythology, a fairy known as the Cat Sìth takes the form of a black cat. Black cats are also considered good luck in the rest of Britain and Japan. Furthermore, it is believed that a lady who owns a black cat will have many suitors. However, in Western history, black cats have often been looked upon as a symbol of evil omens, specifically being suspected of being the familiars of witches, and so most of Europe considers the black cat a symbol of bad luck, especially if one crosses paths with a person, which is believed to be an omen of misfortune and death. In Germany, some believe that black cats crossing a person's path from right to left, is a bad omen. But from left to right, the cat is granting favorable times. In the United Kingdom it is commonly considered that a black cat crossing a person's path is a good omen.

Photos - and film clips - of a black cat walking past #10 Downing St. were shown to buck up morale during WWII.

b49a9dd85789b3093aec68d8abcf59d3.jpg

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We were on vacation last week. Our cats are now cuddle terrors. Mango, my wife's cat, rarely sits in my lap. Yesterday, he nestled in for over for at least an hour while I watched TV. Things should get back to normal in a few days, where just my cat, Dash, demands I accept his purring domination every evening.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We were on vacation last week. Our cats are now cuddle terrors. Mango, my wife's cat, rarely sits in my lap. Yesterday, he nestled in for over for at least an hour while I watched TV. Things should get back to normal in a few days, where just my cat, Dash, demands I accept his purring domination every evening.
Poor baby. You suffer so. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
David, I congratulate you on your fostering of cats. It's people like you who make a difference in so many feline lives. That's 40 cats who either would not be living or would be homeless without you.

BTW, I have a thing for black cats. You have probably learned they can be difficult to find homes for, people just aren't interested in black cats. It's a mystery to me because I find black cats to particularly beautiful. Emma looks like a sweetie. Live Long and Prosper, Emma.

I love black cats. Had a Siamese type cat years ago, totally black, but the facial and body structure of a Siamese. To go with Wilbur, also got a kitten from a friend. Pure white with blue eyes, named her Charlotte. Silly I know, but the movie was on the TV at the time, so the names just clicked.

Have a pure bred Siamese now, she's probably 17, maybe 18? I don't know how she keeps going. Total hermit, I might see her once or twice a week, occasionally she'll jump on the bed and sleep next to me, but that's rare. She must have plenty of special hiding spots, but food disappears and the litterbox gets used, so I know she's somewhere in the house <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks