What's new

**** The official "Curb your Enthusiasm" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I saw my first episode of CYE a couple nights ago, and really loved it. I didn't realize Larry David could act as well as he does.
John,
Yes, Julia is a turn on when she talks dirty!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
She sure is, everytime she said the "F" word, I reacted like Kramer did in the 'Seinfeld' episode whenever she said "Catfight"!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Episode: The Thong
Not a bad episode. Groat Syndrome was a great idea and the girl going nuts on the piano at the end was stellar.
-- Matt

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I tell ya, when Larry walk out onto that stage and started speaking, I was terrified that he was going to say something aweful!
laugh.gif

I thought for sure that Larry would have been bothered by the fact that his shrink didn't speak to him in the Men's room.
Standout line...
"I feel aggrivated that i'm missing what other people are getting."
This line, more than anything, sums up Larry David's outlook on things.
laugh.gif
Great Episode!
laugh.gif

------------------

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Count me in as a major fan! I've enjoyed it MORE than "Seinfeld". David's supporting cast outshines "kramer" or "george" IMO.
Did anyone ever see the very first show? It wasn't part of the actual series though, I believe HBO billed it as one of their "comedy hour's" which was supposed to be Larry prepping for a stand-up HBO special....which of course he weasled out of at the end. The current season is still referring to that plotline (the made-up, ill stepfather excuse, etc.)
This is just a great show. Besides, I learned never to play "cops and robbers" with kids in the backseat of the car in front of me.
------------------
My DVD collection--> http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/DVD_Collection.html

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I thought "The Thong" was a little disappointing. I finally convinced my wife to watch an episode, and she didn't think it was that great, either. If only she had seen last week's show with the Chinese food.
I remember when I saw my first episode of Seinfeld. It was "The Parking Garage." I thought it wasn't that funny, and in retrospect, I think it was one of the least funny episodes. I'm glad I stuck with it!
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think this episode was as good as the past couple of episodes, but it was very funny nevertheless. The lunch was hilariously embarrassing to watch... :) and the scene with Larry trying to terminate his relationship with the shrink was also really funny.
I wish they would have had some other guy than the station manager from "Frasier" play the lunch guest. I like that they have unknown actors playing the smaller parts, and that there are a lot of celebrity cameos. When this very well-known face was the lunch guest, it took me out of the almost documentary feeling I get otherwise.
One more thing, was there any significance to the girl hitting Larry at the end, or was it just meant as a funny scene (which it was)?
/Mike
------------------

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just took it as the girl was having one of her fits, and just decked Larry because he was trying to pull her away from the piano. But man, was that funny!
------------------

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I was just in tears when she starts of the piece really well.. then a little more accelerated... then a little faster... then out of control. And the look on LD's face was hilarious..
Don't we all need to become more Groat active?
-- Matt

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Finally saw "The Thong". I've recently moved and do not have access to a dish so I am forced to Spoiler:download episodes.
I thought it was pretty good. Better than last week's episode "The Shrimp Incident".
I have seen every episode at least 3 times. Like a fine wine it gets better with age. I will have to avoid spoilers until I see the episode.

Jodee

Screenwriter
The funny thing is, now whenever my husband & I are going out to eat, I always joke: "Do you want to stop somewhere and get a drink first?"

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Anybody make comments to their significant other about "Tabasco Sause"?
i.e. "Let's pick up some Tabasco Sause" on the way home!"
wink.gif

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I watched "The Thong" again tonight, and I must say it's still a great episode, even if it's not one of the best so far. This show, just like Seinfeld, only gets better on repeated viewings!
/Mike
------------------

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
The Accupuncturist
I thought the last two weeks were OK... but this week was EXCELLENT. Barrys old man was hilarious. Larry was hilarious.
The scene in the lawyers office was classic. "What are you JR? shouldnt you be in Dallas wrastling cattle?"
-- Matt

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tonight's episode "Judy" was an absolute scream!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The best episode this season so far IMHO! That woman at the movie theater even pissed ME off!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I completely agree with John: "Judy" was an absolute riot! There were several moments (especially in the second half) where I was clutching my stomach because I had been laughing so hard. The episode's final line had me on the floor. :)
Oh, since this is a general discussion thread: I completely missed out on the first season of this show (and am now kicking myself every Sunday). For those of you who have seen it, how does it compare to this season? Better? Same? Not as good?
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Kevin, i've watched the show from the beginning, and this season is pretty much on par with last season. In fact, their were a couple episodes this season that were much funnier than last season, last night's is a prime example.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks