What's new

The Office (US) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if we'll have to wait for Season Two to finish before we get a DVD. (Or if they cancel The Office and Commited, they could just lump them together for one low price).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/26/05 "The Hot Girl"

Katie was played by Amy Adams, recently on "Dr. Vegas" in the fall.

I was shocked to see Amy Heckerling's name as the director for this episode.

The main laughs I got were from Jim and Pam mocking Dwight's attempt to pick up Katie and ending up only buying a purse. The rest was just too desperate (Dwight and Michael's attempts to woo Katie).

Bren_Chris

Stunt Coordinator
"Pam 6.0" and the coke reference were the laughers for me this week. Poor Pam was really put upon by at least three of her male co-workers, including the fiancee. For some reason, the Filet-o-Fish observance really cracked me up, too.

I haven't watched a sitcom regularly since Seinfeld, but I've caught all of these Yankee-fied Offices, and I think they're great. (Funnier than Seinfeld, I might add.) At least once per episode, I'm laughing too hard to see.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
he did get better as the show went along.
i hope it gets renewed.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Carell said that he stopped himself from watching the BBC version because he was afraid of simply doing an impersonation of Gervais' Brent, but Carell has shown that he simply doesn't know what to do with Michael Scott, and plays him so broadly and is so unbelievable as a human being.

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator

I like that he's so zany. He's like Kramer from Seinfeld with a job and subordinates.

I really hope they don't cancel it. This is really the only sitcom I watch. And I only watch it b/c a friend recommended it to me after the first episode.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show. Did I miss something? I tuned in on Thursday night, May 3 to watch 'The Office'. It did not air that evening, much to my surprise. I'm in Toronto and it normally airs Tuesdays at 9:30. Have they cancelled it or moved it to another time slot? Just wondering. Thanks.

-Mike

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I can't watch the US version. The original Office was something special that came from a unique voice, and remaking something like that has the exact opposite tone. They took something successful and unique and creative...and remade it. To me it just does not work.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I just finished watching the first season of the BBC Office on dvd and I can see why most people prefer that version (I'll still enjoy the current though). While watching the BBC version I remembered a post in this thread

Which episode does David Brent say this in? I watched the pilot episode twice to see if I missed anything, so if anybody can inform me I will be very grateful.

Also in the quiz show episode when Tim and Dawn are humiliating Gareth the second time (pitching a tent) there are weird white streak marks going across the screen and I was wondering if I had a defective dvd or not.

Thanks

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
It does not matter if the second question is answered I just want to know what episode that quote came from.

Watching the second BBC season now, funny stuff.

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
I feel like I'm the only one who likes this show (the US version). I haven't seen the BBC one, but I really think NBC's "The Office" is the funniest show on TV.

:b

The episodes so far this season have been great. And the cast has gotten really good at playing into the cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks