What's new

Pre-Order The Maltese Falcon (1941) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71DG+eT6WGL._SX342_.jpg

The Maltese Falcon Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:

• Commentary by Eric Lax
  • “Warner Night at the Movies”
    • “Sergeant York” Trailer
    • “New Highlights of the Roosevelt Churchill Parley” (newsreel)
    • “The Gay Parisian” (1941 WB short)
    • “Meet John Doughboy” (1941 WB cartoon)
  • The Maltese Falcon: One Magnificent Brid
  • Becoming Attractions: The Trailers of Humphrey Bogart
  • Breakdowns of 1941 (WB short)
  • Make-up Tests
  • 2/8/43 Lux Radio Theater Broadcast
  • 9/20/43 Screen Guild Theater Broadcast
  • 7/3/46 Academy Award Theater Broadcast
  • Trailers
    • 1936 “Satan Met a Lady”
    • 1941 “The Maltese Falcon”

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
No digital copy? <_< I assume this is the official WB artwork?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Yes, the 100th Anniversary collection has been posted in the upcoming 4k release thread. It will be a U.S. release as well.

No press release or Amazon preorder yet so I have not started an official thread.
Thank you! I need to check there first thanks again!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
RobertMG said:
This box set available for pre-order 9/18/23 Maltese Falcon in this set so its coming this box tells us what else too seems to be UK WB though https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/colle...nniversary-studio-collection-4k-ultra-hd-1939

Looks beautiful. I own too many of the 30 films included to buy. Though it's great that Warner Bros. is including films being released in 4k this year. Disclamer: This is the UK set .
US set could be different. They included 2 of the 3 James Dean films leaving out "Giant".
Could be so that a 3 film James Dean 4K set will be only set to contain all 3 films .
I imagine the box will be corrected. It has a picture from "Casablanca" twice and I think 2 pictures of James Dean twice. It is marked "Artwork subject to change."

Featured Films
Classic Hollywood (1930s -1960s)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Casablanca (1942)
Citizen Kane (1941)
Cool Hand Luke (1967)
East of Eden (1955)
The Maltese Falcon (1941)
Rebel Without a Cause (1955)
Rio Bravo (1959)
Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
The Wizard of Oz (1939)

New Hollywood (1970s – 1980s)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Batman (1989)
Beetlejuice (1988)
Blade Runner (1982)
Enter the Dragon (1973)
The Exorcist (1973)
The Goonies (1985)
Superman: The Movie (1978)
The Shining (1980)
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971)

Modern Blockbusters (1990s – Today)
A Star is Born (2018)
Argo (2012)
Elvis (2022)
Goodfellas (1990)
IT (2017)
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
The Matrix (1999)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Training Day (2001)
Unforgiven (1992)

1675727908752.png

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Also per the Digital Bits Warner Bros will be releasing 5 film 4K sets at least in the UK and hopefully in the US.

Per the Digial Bits:

We also now know that Warner is planning to release a series of 4K Ultra HD box sets—at least in the UK—to celebrate the studio’s 100th anniversary, including a 100 Years of Warner Bros.: Classic Hollywood 5-Film 4K Collection (1930s–1960s) with The Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Singin’ in the Rain, and Rebel without a Cause (street date 4/3 in the UK), a 100 Years of Warner Bros.: New Hollywood 5-Film 4K Collection (1970s–1980s) with Enter the Dragon, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Gremlins, The Goonies, and The Lost Boys (UK date 8/7), and a 100 Years of Warner Bros.: Modern Blockbusters 5-Film 4K Collection (1990s–Today) with GoodFellas, Unforgiven, The Shawshank Redemption, Training Day, and Elvis (UK date 9/18).

Last edited:

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
THE OTHER MALTESE FALCON

I've just looked on UK Amazon and can't see the 1931 Bebe Daniels Ricardo Cortez version. For anyone who hasn't seen it it's well worth a search. It was loaned to me so I don't still have it.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
THE OTHER MALTESE FALCON

I've just looked on UK Amazon and can't see the 1931 Bebe Daniels Ricardo Cortez version. For anyone who hasn't seen it it's well worth a search. It was loaned to me so I don't still have it.
I kept the 3 DVD “Maltese Falcon” set because that version and the Bette Davis “Satan Met A Lady” weren’t on the Blu-Ray. I don’t think they’ll be anywhere on this forthcoming 4K either, nor do I think there’ll be much hue and cry about it either way. I do miss the days when they went the extra mile on video releases because that’s what they thought the public wanted. Now with AV quality better than it has ever been, it seems like the studios are missing a golden opportunity to make us all movie fans again.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If the classic 4K UHD titles Warner Bros. are releasing sell well, they will come...
I can see no reason why these sets would sell well. It’s basically re-packaging.

Maltese is a totally different situation.

Aeons ago, I had a 16mm print of The Big Sleep. Original, and yet not printed with full, rich blacks. I was later gifted another print, which had been struck on Dupont stock, and the film came to life. Details such as the pinstripes in suits came to the fore.

This is my expectation for Maltese. While no true 4k information, whatever is around that 2k or 2k+ level should be quite evident, along with superior black level and gray scale.

I’m looking forward to seeing what MPI has done with this one, and what wabbits may have been pulled from hats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks