What's new

The Lost Boys 2 Disc Special Edition - Region 1 - Announced (1 Viewer)

Gavin_L

Second Unit
such exciting news, will be picking this up on the day its released :) looks like some cool special features....

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I will be buying this DVD set. It sounds great. Warner Brothers has produced some nice surpises lately.

Although, I was a little upset that National Lampoons Vacation (would love to see the deleted footage they discuss on the commentary) didnt get a 2 disc set, but the crappy Shining remake for tv did.

I mean the original Shining isnt even a double disc. How does the made for tv remake warrant one? I could see if it was IT for example (a just ok tv movie with a cool clown) because it's a cult classic with a good villian. The Shining remake I dont believe is.

No offense to those who like that movie though.

And IT should have been theatrical by the way and been taken more seriously. Not that this has anything to do with the topic. The clown was just too cool for a Sunday movie night flick. I didnt like how they dumbed it down into a Pg movie when the book was an R. The lighter sort of family tone at points annoyed me. Oh well. ;)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Because it runs over 4 hours and wouldn't have fit on a single DVD?

The Lost Boys extras look fantastic, by the way. This is one of the few cases where I have no problems double-dipping whatsoever.

Chris

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Fantastic news. I've been holding out on the current disc for years.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Glad this is being released as a Two-Disc Special Edition. It was filmed where I currently live, Santa Cruz, and I've been to the places where they've filmed several times. I was going to comment on this earlier about me finally buying this because it's getting the treatment it deserves. Thanks, Warners, for making good choices, except for ONE, on your line of 'Two-Disc Special Edition' DVD releases.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
What to do? What to do?
I already spent 21.95 for the laser disc and 14.39 for the dvd. I'll probably stick with what I have as I buy for the movie, not the special features, unless the special features include more movie, such as The Lord of the Rings 4 discers.
Also, I the only one who thinks Jami Gertz is hot?

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Great news. The transfer on the current disc isn't to bad, but it does have it's faults. Glad to see this one will be a new transfer.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Great news as I don't own this on any sort of media yet. With all the special features this one is on my list for sure.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
just found a copy on a local store shelf...along with about 4 other new releases. from the quick peek I just took...the transfer looks good. I'll be watching the whole thing tonight.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
What. No reviews? Nothing?
I've been looking forwards to this release for a while. I decided to hold off on this title till Saturday night so I can still get it at street date price and have something to watch.
Was hoping for at least an official review thread or something here.
Anyone? Anyone?

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

Brian... official horror aficionado and HTF Reviewer Michael Elliott will be on the case soon... very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks