What's new

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Is there any possibility of the suites that play over the fan credits on the Extended Editions being included?

Jim Ware

Grip
I'd be surprised if those were on there, since they're just edited suites taken from the rest of the score.

The unused cues in the suites from the last two films will hopefully be returned to their proper places.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
10363801.jpg

From Barnes and Noble.
Lovely, lovely, lovely. And the score is going to be great, as well.
:D
Chuck

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Any word on where one could possibly pick this up within the greater Toronto area? Have checked Future Shop, Best Buy, both on the morning of the supposed release date of the soundtrack, and found nothing. All the online canadian sites show out of stock and 2 week minimum for shipping.

Any ideas?

Kami

Screenwriter
I was watching the FOTR trailer for old times sake and this shot got me to thinking.
fotr7lf.jpg

I wonder what the possibility is of seeing a future extended-extended edition.
I assume this shot is from the prologue. I know they shot a lot of stuff for that, including a brutal death for Gil-galad at the hands of Sauron. He picks up Gil-galad by the neck, then he bursts into flames just because Sauron wills it. Crazy. I would love to see more prologue and Ring background, especially the Last Alliance battle. Sauron wielding the Ring is one of my favorite movie villains, even though he has so little screentime.
Maybe it's something we'll see on HD-DVD/Blu-ray. I know the HD box set will have the Costa Botes documentaries (can't wait for those) but I'd really like more footage, at least in the prologue.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
IIRC, there's an early version of the prologue on the FOTR : EE set, which contains Gil-gilad's demise in storyboard form.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
I got the Fellowship Complete Recordings today; I'm just curious about the DVD, and the best settings on my HT processor to get the best sound from this.

The choices are DVD-Audio Surround or DVD-Audio Stereo. When I choose the surround option, my Anthem AVM-20 defaults to Dolby Pro-Logic 2x, from which I can cycle through quite a few of the DSP options (the Pro Logic options, the Anthem Logic, stereo, and all the other little goodies that the Anthem features).

I'm surprised that this is not tagged, and recognized by the Anthem, as Dolby Digital 5.1.

Am I just supposed to pick whichever DSP I like the sound of, or is there another option for which I am just not set up? My DVD player tells me that the signal is 6-channel PCM, with 4824. It is a Panny RP82; it sports superior video, but I usually let my Anthem's DAC do the dirty work, using the Digital-Out from the DVD player.

I'd like to come as close as possible to what the composer and recording engineers intended; I'm just not sure at this point what setting(s) that is going to require...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
About the original soundtracks, does anyone else think that they are not very good recordings? There is a muddiness and digital quality to them that I can't quite put my finger on.
--
H

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I believe that is due to the manner in which they were recorded. Reviews, I am not a musical person so bear with me, describe the sound as wet. Wet, or as you said muddy, means that it is difficult to pick out a specific instrument type out of the whole orchestra. This was a stylistic choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks