What's new

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Elves showing up at Helms Deep was a thrilling moment for pretty much every non-reader I know. I have warmed up to it since then...
I was so surprised (hadn't read any spoilers), that I just sat there with wide eyes for a few minutes. It's upsetting that the Last Alliance, really wasn't the last one at all...but the payoff of Haldir's death is worth it. One of the most amazing moments of TTT.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
I finished watching FOTR EE last night. I forgot how spectacular the movie was. It's been almost a year since I last viewed it and like a fine wine, it gets better with age. What distinguishes FOTR from TTT and ROTK is the linear approach the story takes. As opposed to the other 2 movies, the storyline is not segmented into different parts. All the protagonists are on the same journey. This is what gives the movie its strength. You see the innocence Frodo and the others display in the beginning of the movie gradully being lost as they progress on their journey. FOTR is more "intimate" than the other two. This can be seen in its character development and even in the battle sequences. Compared to TTT and ROTK, FOTR's battles are more like skirmishes. Again, what a great job Peter Jackson did bring these movies to life.

Also, I noticed something for the first time while watching FOTR EE. When Frodo and the gang venture of to the Prancing Pony to meet Gandalf, Fordo tells the bartendar his name is Underhill. I finally realized the name Underhill was a reference to Bag End. At the beginning of movie when Bilbo is narrating the background of Hobbits he says how a Baggins has always lived "under the hill" at Bag End. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but interesting anyway.

I'm going to try to watch both TTT EE and ROTK by the end of the week. We'll see how I now view these movies after not seeing them in a while.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
What distinguishes FOTR from TTT and ROTK is the linear approach the story takes. As opposed to the other 2 movies, the storyline is not segmented into different parts. All the protagonists are on the same journey. This is what gives the movie its strength.
For me, the best testament to the greatness of FOTR is how I felt when the Fellowship was reunited at the end of ROTK. These characters hadn't interacted with each other for about 7 hours worth of film time, spanning all of TTT EE and all of ROTK until the end. They had spent a lot more time apart than together, as we experienced them on screen. And yet "the bonds of fellowship" established in FOTR were so strong that I was on the verge of tears when they all got back together.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
It's hard to say where the films lie for me, because of the disparate nature of each one and because RotK hasn't had its final say yet, but at this point of the theatrical cuts I'd give the edge to RotK. Simply listening to the score from the Gray Havens or Into the West can still bring a few tears to my eyes.

That said, Fellowship is an absolutely amazing work. None of RotK would have had near the impact it did on me had not Fellowship done such an incredible job of introducing us to these characters and making us love them. For me at least, Lord of the Rings, especially taken as a whole, and more so in the EE forms, stands as one of the most towering achievements in the history of cinema, and it's one I have been very glad to experience as it happened. For all my love of Star Wars or Indiana Jones, I grew up with them, they were things I watched on TV on Saturday night. Nothing will ever equal seeing Fellowship for the first time in the theater on opening night and having the entire auditorium break out into applause as Aragorn avenges Boromir, or seeing Bilbo first appear on screen in the prologue exactly as Tolkien describes him, or watching Gandalf and Pippin climb the seven circles of Minas Tirith, or the incredible lighting of the beacons sequence accompanied by Shore's amazing score. To quote from the campaign for the Star Wars SEs (another incredible experience, seeing Star Wars for the first time in a theater), these are the reasons they build movie theaters.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
FOTR, by a mile. The best film of 2001. The best film FOR America in the year 2001. Tolkien always resisted metaphor in favor of applicability. What American movie in 2001 was more sobering, more comforting, and more applicable than FOTR?

Beyond that, FOTR is the most mature and character-driven of the three films, and the final quiet moments of Frodo with the Ring speak to a measure of knowing self-scarifice I found missing in the final moments of ROTK. In the book, we see the destruction the ring has taken on Frodo. He is weak, ill, and just as wounded spiritually as he was physically. In the "Scouring of the Shire", Saruman tells Frodo something along the lines of "I will not wish you health or long life, for you shall have neither". And the final passages bear this out. Frodo is a weakened and haunted shell of his former self. That's why he takes the final journey -- to end his suffering. Shouldn't we have seen the suffering? The line, "the wound - it has never healed" is not enough. Contrast this with the close of FOTR, where Jackson is willing to take a deeply personal moment of Frodo considering the mission ahead. To my eyes, this felt like a promise of what was to come. I simply find it odd that Frodo devolved into more of a slave to the Ring in The Two Towers -- pulling a sword on Sam and holding it to Sam's throat -- than he did in Return of the King. They placed that personal climax too soon in the story, that should have happened at the top of the Tower of Cirith Ungol -- which would have dovetailed nicely with the opening of the ROTK film, i.e. Smeagol murdering Deagol.

Ah, well, what's done is done. Of the versions of LOTR put on film, Jackson's is easily the best, and perhaps will never be surpassed. But the ultimate version of the story is still Tolkien's -- even if Boyens and Walsh feel they "improved" his work.

Nkosi

Stunt Coordinator
Reading the last few posts really took me down memory lane and reminded me of the power of these films. I have purposely not watched any of them lately in anticipation of ROTK: EE. Over the winter holiday (I'm a grad student) I plan on journeying through Middle Earth by watching all EE versions in a day.

I have so much love for these films and this story. I have repeatedly said that the original Star Wars movies were the films of my youth. The LOTR are the films of my young adulthood. They came at a time when I needed them most.

I don't have a top 10 favorite films of all time. It's just too hard a task. However, I think I have a top 3: 1) LOTR, 2) The Empire Strikes Back, 3. Seven Samurai.

For LOTR (which I just consider one long movie) to take the #1 spot in my heart, in my opinion, just speaks to the power of these movies and the impact they have made and will continue to make on my life. I am grateful.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
The LOTR movies aren't in my personal top ten of favorites - maybe if they had come along in my formative years, they would be, but they can't supplant films from my past. Still, they are damn good, even if they have occasional lapses in taste, and miss a few opportunities on the way.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I'm of two minds on which LOTR film I like best. To me ROTK felt the most complete in its theatrical edition. FOTR which I loved, felt rushed to me in theatrical release, the journey too short. I also missed certain scenes (particularly the gift giving in Lorien which allowed Galadriel to show her kind nature and provide explanation for the gifts that are so valuable to the remainder of the story) The extended edition answered all my criticisms and made the film PERFECT.

That said, FOTR holds a special magic for me that the others do not. It was the first. As a Tolkein fanatic for decades I entered the theater hopeful but deeply skeptical that anyone could do the books justice. But in just the first minutes of the film's prologue I was completely enraptured. Jackson was going to pull this off! I felt a delight that neither of the other films could match.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds great, Tim. I haven't watched FOTR (EE or otherwise) since Trilogy Tuesday last December.
How about this...I've owned the first two EE's for about a year now and have yet to watch either of them. I have been waiting until the release of RotK EE so I can view the entire extended trilogy together for the first time in it's entirity.

However, I also own all three theatrical releases and have watched those numerous times.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
How to rate these movies? It's an almost impossible task for me to look at them critically. I love them so much that it's hard for me to not look past their flaws when rating them. I know they are all in my top 10 of all time. I'd say that the theatrical versions are in the following order:
FotR :star::star::star::star::star:
RotK :star::star::star::star::star:
TTT :star::star::star::star:1/2
I have a feeling that if the extended RotK is as good as I hope that will become my favorite extended, but FotR is still slightly above TTT in the extended versions, though both rate a :star::star::star::star::star:. I'd definitely say that TTT extended did more to improve its theatrical conterpart than did FotR extended, but that's just because the theatrical FotR was so good on its own.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Now that October is over, and I’m done with my steady diet of horror movies, I have the chance to revisit the LOTR films. I just finished up Fellowship EE, and intend on watching ROTK theatrical next. Normally, I’d watch TTT EE, but I haven’t seen ROTK since January, and I’ve been jones’n for it all month. Anyway, on to my Fellowship thoughts…

Overall, my feeling about this film now is better than it was when I made my first posts in the thread. I noticed in one of my early posts I noted how surprised I was with Sean Bean’s performance. I said something like “I’ve only seen him in Goldeneye and he didn’t make that much of an impression…” Well, since then I’ve watched Goldeneye a few more times, and I absolutely love Bean in the film. Maybe my favorite Bond villain period. I’m surprised that I didn’t think he was memorable before. I still think he’s terrific in Fellowship, but I think he’s consistently good in everything he’s in. He steals every scene he’s in and overshadows Viggo’s Aragorn.

I think the opening in the Extended Cut (the Shire stuff) is done much better than the theatrical version. It gives the movie a more book-like feel, and gives a lot of background on the Hobbits in a very short time. I remember people complaining about the lack of character development, especially for the hobbits, when the film was released. This opening really clears up a lot of those possible problems. Not unique to the EE, but I also really love Gandalf making for Minas Tirith to research the origin of the ring. It lets the viewer know that even the wisest of the wise don’t realize that Bilbo’s magic ring is the One Ring. It adds a good sense of foreboding to the story as well. Subtlety plays a key role in all of the LOTR films, and it’s evident when Gandalf is doing his research. Instead of having him point right to a book with what he’s looking for, you see him sitting down, drinking, etc. It helps give the feel that he’s been there for a while flipping through random papers.

Once Aragorn picks up the Hobbits in Bree, the theatrical version felt like it was on fast forward until they got to Rivendell. In the EE, there are more scenes with Aragorn and the Hobbits that help develop their relationship. In TTT and ROTK you see the payoff of how much the Hobbits respect Aragorn, and the seeds are planted with little scenes like the one where Frodo overhears him singing about Beren and Luthien.

I still have a problem with everyone showing up at Rivendell. It’s great in the book to see that everyone is there for a different reason, but they all point back to the ring. Even in the EE, PJ never gives much of a reason at to why they show up. It’s a great moment seeing them arrive, but you still have no clue why. One thing I do like about the Council of Elrond is that they use the break in the narrative to develop the characters. In the book, the Council is treated like a city-hall meeting gone out of control. Everyone speaks, no one waits there turn, and the narrative really breaks down. I think PJ used this moment to really develop the Fellowship characters, and how individual races feel about each other. You get the conflict between Aragorn and Boromir, Legolas’s respect of Aragorn, Frodo’s strength, the hatred between Elves and Dwarves, etc. It’s really a great moment. My favorite aspect is the addition of Boromir’s dream in the EE. It helps clear up why he’s there, and adds even more creepy foreboding. Another good moment in Rivendell is Aragorn at his mother’s grave. It gives more back story to Aragorn’s character and also drops the idea of reforging Narsil. A definite favorite for fans of the book.

After the Fellowship sets out, the story really gets rolling. One of my favorite moments from all three films is when they all walk over the crest of the hill. Shore’s brilliant music swells, and we get to see all of the heroes. From this point on out, the only big problem I have is the pass of Caradhras. They show without a doubt that Saruman is the one responsible for the storm. I wouldn’t mind hearing his voice on the wind, but showing him conjuring up the storm is too far. I commended PJ’s subtlety before, but it’s non-existent here.

In one of my initial posts in this thread, I commented that the Cave Troll/Moria battle went on too long. I don’t think this is the case anymore, but I’d still yank out the shot of Legolas jumping on top of the Troll. The CG looks bad, and the scene doesn’t really add anything. We already know Legolas is a badass, and we’re going to get plenty more of it in the next two movies. Another action sequence that falls flat is the “Stairs of Khazad Dum.” We’ve had a ~20 minute action sequence right before, and we’ve got the Balrog up next. We don’t need more action right in between. Just have them run down the steps and hit the bridge. Of course, the Balrog confrontation is fantastic, and I love the moments on the mountain afterward. You see how everyone is torn up, but you also get to see Aragorn beginning to come into his role as leader.

This leads to the new Loth Lorien intro. I really like what Boromir says to Frodo here. It further humanizes Boromir, so he’s not just a simple villain when he tries to take the ring from Frodo. I also like the way Frodo looks around at everyone and seems to get the feeling that he’s responsible for everything that’s gone wrong. I was sour on the temptation of Galadrial on my first viewing, and while I’ve warmed up to it a bit, I still think the execution is questionable. Here’s another place where there’s no subtlety. It’s over-the-top CGI, and I would have rather seen a quieter character moment. The gift giving sequence at the end of the Loth Lorien section is a great addition. My favorite moment (aside from Gimli/Galadrial) is when Celeborn tells Aragorn that they’re being tracked. It helps ratchet up the tension of the down river chase sequence. The addition of Boromir and Aragorn arguing over where to go is another strong addition. It shows that Aragorn is definitely coming into his role as leader, and it also shows that Boromir is desperate to get to Minas Tirith. He’s weak, and it will be his downfall.

The film’s conclusion is amazing. Boromir’s last stand and death is some of the best stuff in the trilogy. Bean’s performance is just so strong that it makes me half-wish he was cast as Aragorn. I love Viggo, but Bean is just soooooo goooood.

I commented a bit about subtlety before, but mainly on where it was lacking. Fortunately, it’s not lacking too much. If there’s one thing that I’d like to commend PJ and crew on, it’s the use of subtlety. It really strengthens the films. Examples would be the Galadrial lights and force perspective. Force perspective is done in such a simple way. It’s not like “Hey! Look! The Hobbits are smaller than everyone.” It’s so matter-of-fact that you don’t notice it. Certainly in the later films, I never question the Hobbit’s/Dwarve’s size. Bravo on effective use of a great little trick.

This is a fantastic film. There’s no doubt about that. I may end up liking it more than ROTK, but with that up next, we’ll find out. Thinking about Fellowship brings back so many memories. Two friends and I drove from South Bend to Chicago in the pouring rain to see it at midnight. We showed up many hours early and hung out at the nearby Barnes and Noble reading Tolkien stuff and drinking some Stewart’s Key Lime. We drove home afterward, and got lost in Chicago because we were too busy discussing the film. I ended up seeing it two more times that day, but the sore ass and sleep deprivation were completely worth it. What an experience.

I’ll post some ROTK thoughts later…

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"It gives more back story to Aragorn’s character and also drops the idea of reforging Narsil. A definite favorite for fans of the book."

Won't go that far. In the book, Aragorn reveals the re-forged sword at Elrond's Council. It has already been re-made. One of the many changes to the story in the Boyens/Walsh version is making Aragorn a reluctant king who shirks power. Tolkien would not have recognized this version of Aragorn.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Even in the EE, PJ never gives much of a reason at to why they show up.
"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You've been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor" ;)
I love the spontaneus convergence of the Council in the book, but it would have required too much exposition to work on film. Having Elrond call the council is an agreeable compromise, i think.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I never thought reviving this thread would help others to post their re-visit of FOTR. Glad so many have. This thread will probably go away again once the EE of ROTK hits.
Still not exactly sure what got me in the mood for this back a few weekends ago, but I'm glad I saw this again. Seeing this again confirms my feelings that Fellowship stands clearly ahead of the other 2 Rings films for me. I know I need to give the EE of ROTK it's fair shake and I certainly shall.
Matt, great re-review. :) I don't necessarily agree with all your points, but you stated them clearly and offered good argument. I do think Bean would have been a good Aragorn, but I also think Viggo nailed Aragorn. It's certainly his best acting yet to date, and I only hope that he has other efforts that will be the Rings equal.
I think Bean is the better actor though.
Matt you're right in that there alot of battles in Moria. I just don't know how PJ could have spread them out better though given the sequencing of what takes place?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Another action sequence that falls flat is the “Stairs of Khazad Dum.” We’ve had a ~20 minute action sequence right before, and we’ve got the Balrog up next. We don’t need more action right in between. Just have them run down the steps and hit the bridge.
Well, I love that sequence for two reasons: the music is terrific, but mostly, that sequence is showcases what is IMO some masterful editing. Boromir nearly falling into that first hole, the quick cuts, bold zoom and pans following that first arrow... The first half of the movie also features similarly bold stuff. Unfortunately, the next two films are more conventional in that regard (TTT being the worse offender...).
FOTR is technically much stronger than TTT. ROTK does bring back the visionary director, but with a different, larger scope - witness Gandalf's arrival at Minas Tirith and his ride through the city, set to the triumphant theme of Gondor.
--
H

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Won't go that far. In the book, Aragorn reveals the re-forged sword at Elrond's Council. It has already been re-made. One of the many changes to the story in the Boyens/Walsh version is making Aragorn a reluctant king who shirks power. Tolkien would not have recognized this version of Aragorn.
You missed my point, Ernest. I know that it didn't happen that way in the book. People were complaining that not only did they change the whole reforging story, but they left no references to it in the theatrical cut. I think having Elrond at least mention it made some of us happy.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree with your thoughts regarding the editing on the Stairs sequence, Holadem. I just think it's an extraneous event, and I wouldn't have been upset if it hit the cutting room floor.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, now my ROTK thoughts. It probably belongs in the ROTK thread, but since the recent discussion has been about revisits to the trilogy I think this is as good of a place as any...

The major aspect of ROTK that isn’t present in Fellowship is intensity. I feel like I just ran 10 miles after watching it. I know there have been complaints that the film is one big action sequence, and I don’t entirely disagree with that, but I also don’t think it’s a problem. FOTR tells a story that is mostly exposition punctuated by action sequences. ROTK tells a story that is primarily about a war with punctuated character moments breaking up the action. Payoffs like Gandalf and Pippin discussing the afterlife, and Sam talking about the Shire are wonderful examples of this. The action is certainly spectacular, but these small quiet moments are really what get me choked up. On to my semi-chronological thoughts…

The film opens strong. There were some complaints about the Smeagol/Deagol sequence feeling different from the rest of the film when it was released, but I think it works well. The use of a single violin representing the ring upon its first appearance is a strong moment. The score is also brilliantly intense when Smeagol is strangling Deagol. You hear this heart-pumping theme at least two more times in the film when conflicts between Sam and Frodo emerge. It’s a great choice.

The business with the Palantir is a little muddled. From the EE preview, it looks like something that will be fixed in the final version. I don’t really like the shots of Aragorn and Legolas outside the Golden Hall, and I definitely don’t like Aragorn dropping the Palantir when he touches it. I do like the conflict between Merry and Pippin afterward though. Merry showed in TTT that he was a little more mature (…There won’t be a Shire) and continues this role at the beginning of ROTK. It’s an especially powerful moment when they get split up. If FOTR was about camaraderie, a lot of this film is about solitude. Also, how can you not like the line “Run Shadowfax. Show us the meaning of haste!” J

The reforging of Narsil is one of the strongest moments of the trilogy, if only because they waited so long to do it. I was beyond upset at first when it wasn’t in Fellowship, and then nothing in TTT, but the payoff is nice in ROTK. I don’t necessarily like the execution of the Arwen stuff leading up to it though. I wish they would have changed Elrond’s line, “Arwen’s dying” to explain that she’s not exactly dying…she’s just mortal. She’s dying in a way, but I think it just confuses the audience.

The arrival at Minas Tirith and lighting of the beacons are amazing sequences. As Holadem mentioned, the editing and use of music on both of these sequences are terrific. I always get a tear in my eye during the beacon lighting sequence. “Hope is kindled” indeed. When Faramir returns from Osgiliath, we get some good stuff with Gandalf scaring away the Nazgul. The shot of Gandalf and the rest of the troops turning toward Minas Tirith always looks amazing to me. It makes it look like they’re all really out in a field in front of a magnificent city.

The Frodo/Sam/Gollum dynamic proceeds as it started in TTT. There were a good deal of complaints regarding Frodo leaving Sam behind when the film came out, but I think it’s a good logical progression of what Tolkien wrote. It adds a sense of regret to Frodo, and strengthens Sam even more. It surprised me the first time I saw it, but it doesn’t bother me in the least. It’s less of a character moment, and more of a kickass action sequence…but I love the beacon going off at Minas Morgul. Scary stuff.

The Rohan stuff in this film great too. Theoden was a bit of a coward in TTT, but started his turn toward hero at the end of the film. In ROTK he starts out looking like I may go back to cowering when he refuses to ride to Gondor’s aid. Luckily, he grows some balls and answers the beacon. For the rest of the film, he’s one of the strongest characters. I love his speech to the men after Aragorn heads off to the paths of the dead. I wish they would have expand on the Theoden/Merry relationship as it was in the book, but that looks like it’ll be fixed in the EE.

The entire Frodo/Shelob sequence is great. The first portion is pretty intense, but the best part is when Frodo thinks he’s home free. Shelob’s silent creeping is done perfectly. The sequence is well edited, and always gets a bit of an “oooh” reaction out of me when she stings Frodo. Who could not like Sam showing up and taking her ass down? Great fight, and a great CG spider. Like most things in this film, she looked absolutely real.

Denathor’s madness wasn’t handled well in this film. They paint him crazy from the get-go, and he only gets nuttier. Hopefully in the EE, they’ll do a good deal more with him and the Palantir. Also, I hope they show a little more of his relationship with Pippin. As is, you can’t possibly understand why Pippin would have any respect for the guy. I thought the funeral pyre sequence was well done though. His leap over the edge and Gandalf’s “Here passes Denathor, son of Ecthelian” were great.

The arrival of the Rohirrim and the subsequent battle is very intense. Theoden gives a great little speech before they march off, and the action is very well done throughout the sequence. The death of Theoden at the hands of the Witchking allows for Eowyn to come in and do her thing. Another great one-on-one battle, with a great end. There are some problems here though. First, Theoden appears to have the longest legs in the world. His horse is laying on top of his lower torso and legs, and yet, his ankles and feet still poke out. I’m talking like 6 foot long legs J I also don’t like the dialog yanked from Return of the Jedi. “Tell your sister you were right….” J

A nice quiet character moment thrust in the middle of all this destruction is when Gandalf describes Valinor to Pippin. It’s happy a happy moment from Gandalf’s perspective, because he’s describing his journey home. It’s also sad, because they’re both accepting death. Powerful stuff and great writing. Another good moment is Sam coming to rescue Frodo. When Frodo finds out that Sam has the ring, it mirrors the opening moment between Smeagol and Deagol.

Aragorn finally shows up with the greatest Deus Ex Machina device in a long time, the army of the dead J Don’t get me wrong, I love them…especially the moment when Aragorn is leading the charge, but they’re still a plot device. I thought it was a plot device in the book too, so it’s not really that big of a deal. Overall, it’s a cool sequence that I didn’t think was going to make the film.

My favorite moment in the film is Sam and Frodo on the side of Mount Doom. The great Shire-style music is playing, but Frodo has completely lost his sense of self. It’s such a sad moment when he says he’s “naked in the dark.” I get a tear in my eye when Sam carries him up the hill. The relationships in all of these films are so strong. My heart is breaking right along with theirs. When Frodo decides to keep the ring, it’s another shocking moment that perfectly mirrors Elrond and Isildur in Fellowship. More amazing imagery when Gollum bites Frodo’s finger off and dances with the ring. The shot that pulls up through the ring is fantastic. One thing I didn’t really like about this sequence was having Frodo and Gollum fight over the ring, and both go over the cliff, leaving Frodo hanging. It just seems cliché to me. Gollum holding the ring above the lava for as long as he can is another amazing moment.

Sam and Frodo waiting at “the end of all things” is powerful. I love the eagles showing up at the battle, and I love them showing up to get Sam and Frodo even more. Great shot of Frodo hanging above all the lava and destruction. Holadem mentioned that PJ’s visual sense came back with this film. I heartily agree. The movie looks amazing.

People complained about the multiple endings, and while it’s noticeable for me, it doesn’t bother me. The long fades all represent long passages of time, so I think they work fine. The pillow-fight stuff in Rivendell is good, IMO. I like the reuniting of the Fellowship, and it really makes me feel the loss of Boromir. The finale in the Shire and then at the Grey Havens completely makes up for the loss of the Scouring. As it stands, the ending makes me feel all the things the book did (sense of loss, not fitting in, etc) without being entirely faithful to the source. I’m just happy they kept “Well, I’m back” as the ending. What a capper to a great finale of a great film and a great trilogy.

As an ardent Star Wars geek, it’s hard for me to say it, but pound for pound, I believe Lord of the Rings is the better trilogy. I still thing Empire is the best film of the bunch, but LOTR is consistently good. My problems are relatively insignificant (aside from some things in TTT) in the grand scheme of things. Regardless, I’d like to think PJ and crew for giving me a trilogy that will always hold a strong place in my heart

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimmyboombotts
Recent bookmarks