What's new

The Honeymooner Lost Episodes 60th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting and waiting for someone to bump this thread up and discuss this EXCELLENT new set, but nobody has! What's the matter with y'all out there? Well, I guess I'll just have to do it myself. I have been digging into this collection since I got it a few weeks ago and it's a sheer delight. The episodes look better than ever, and we've got ones we've never seen before to discover and enjoy. This ranks up there with the best-ever collections that were ever put out on DVD. A round of applause to MPI!!

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I've been going through this set. I have never watched the episodes in chronological order before; it's really fun to see the show develop. They did a great job remastering the early episodes from the fall of 1952. I've never seen them look so good, even though they've cropped them to cut off whatever damage there is to the left side of the screen. It's a bit annoying when a character is standing there and they are cut off. I'm not sure that every episode has been digitally remastered though. A few look the same or no better than the previous versions that have been available. Also there doesn't seem to have been much work done on the new to dvd episodes like "The Dorsey Brothers Show," or "Christmas Party" 1952; they look to be in the same shape as some of the non-remastered episodes. The first few Trip to Europe shows sadly look like VHS dubs. I wish more could have been done in the remastering department. I also wish they would have included some complete Jackie Gleason Shows, with the announcer and commercials. Yet given how these shows were released in the past, this current set is a million light years ahead. I'm glad to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks