What's new

The Great Race (1 Viewer)

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I couldn't find an old thread on this film, but I recall a discussion of the sound problems the 5.1 remix had...namely the opening titles having the "boos" and "cheers" in the wrong positions. Also some missing sound effects in the start of the race section where the whoosh sound was missing from the photographer's flash pots, or whatever you call them. Well, the film just played on HDNET and it looked pretty good in High Def. What a great title to put on BlueRay.

Anyway, the credits had the sound effects in the right place, so that was corrected, but the flash noise is still missing in that later section, although it is in a previous scene. No Overture, Intermission or Exit music, but I am sure that is the station's decision not Warners. I hope we get this in BluRay sooner than later.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Itwould be great if WB would bring out an upgraded THE GREAT RACE (with a Tony Curtis commentary) and the MIA WILD ROVERS and THE CAREY TREATMENT as part of a Blake Edwards Collection. Wishful trhinking, alas!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks