Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Title: Retribution (2023)

Tagline: All roads lead to the truth.

Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime, Drama

Director: Nimród Antal

Cast: Liam Neeson, Jack Champion, Emily Kusche, Arian Moayed, Embeth Davidtz, Matthew Modine, Lilly Aspell, Noma Dumezweni, Jerry Kwarteng, Christian Koerner, Daniel Grave, Nedy John Cross, Antonije Stankovic

Release: 2023-08-23

Runtime: 91

Plot: When a mysterious caller puts a bomb under his car seat, Matt Turner begins a high-speed chase across the city to complete a specific series of tasks. With his kids trapped in the backseat and a bomb that will explode if they get out of the car, an everyday commute becomes a twisted game of life or death as Matt follows the stranger’s increasingly dangerous instructions in a race against time to save his family.

Not off the wall enough to be a guilty pleasure, not smart enough for a lot of replay value and certainly not recommendable by any stretch of the imagination, Liam Neeson's lastest take on Taken takes place in exploding cars. There's a little more to it than that, but that's the gist of Retribution. These kinds of movies need to understand what they are and lean into it; here, Retribution is far too serious for it's own good and there's not a shred of fun in anything that happens.

A solid not recommend from me. The story would make a great 45-minute episode of a TV anthology series or something packaged with another 45-minute film. But stretched to 90 minutes (with credits), Neeson wears out his welcome fast.

I'm not sure the final reveal holds up, either. Maybe I missed something which would lead to it making sense, but I honestly don't care to ever revisit this movie.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks