What's new

The Fox and the Hound 25th Anniversary Coming - OAR? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ultimate Disney has the review up. The disc doesn't sound like much of an improvement over the old one.

Disney, this is 2006. Two-thousand-and-Freaking-Six. DVD has been around for nearly a decade, HD discs are a reality, and real Mickey Mouse organizations are regularly putting out better DVDs than the home of Mickey Mouse.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

I think this likely. In the 80s I saw a re-release of The Rescuers, I believe, that was badly projected, revealing more of the bottom of the frame than we were intended to see. How do I know it wasn't supposed to be seen? Because one could see where the painting stopped at the bottom of the cels, loosely along a line that was part of the Xeroxed animation drawings, with uncolored lines crossing slightly beneath.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Again no sale from me. Without a better transfer or at least great extras, I won't be buying. :frowning:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
My theory that this was a rush job meant to create awareness for The Fox and the Hound 2 is apparently correct.

And if they can't get Little Mermaid right, whatever made me think a pre-renaissance film would get treated any better?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
MatthewA...fancy meeting you here. :)

I am seriously rethinking picking this up tomorrow. I absolutely hate to reward a shoddy release. The only part of me that says to buy this is the completist.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I honestly don't think that with all their other Animated Features in OAR, that they'd release this one Full Screen. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. I wish Disney would say something about this, because the conflicting reports about the intended aspect ratio really doesn't help.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

I wasn't aware that there was any question about this one. Every so-called "widescreen" presentation I've ver seen of it has appeared to be cropped from the 1.33 version without any additional side picture revealed. I'm confidant that the negative was photographed in 1.33. Perhaps the animators were using upper and lower "safe zones" in case the film was projected with matting. But to my eye, this film has always looked most pleasing composition-wise in 1.33.

-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks