What's new

Broadcast TV The Flash - seasons 8 & 9 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Should the upcoming eighth season be the last?

• Yes, the show's been past its prime for a while now.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, I don't want Barry Allen's televised adventures to end.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen making an appearence during the final season of The Flash.

On the heels of The CW announcing that Keiynan Lonsdale (as Wally West/Kid Flash), David Ramsey (John Diggle/Spartan) and Sendhil Ramamurthy (Dr. Ramsey Rosso/Bloodwork) are all due for an encore during The Flash‘s farewell run, now comes confirmation that Arrowverse vet Stephen Amell will also guest-star in that same, ninth episode

Let's add Felicity and send Barry and company out of town for this episode. (Just Kidding)

Barry first meets Oliver Queen.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Filming Season 9 Episode 9 . Barry with Oliver Queen and Wally West. It's going to be a long wait until this episode is broadcast. I bet they take an at least one week break after episode 8 to build anticipation.

1673637709411.png

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The premiere wasn't especially well-written, but it was at least fun. I wonder how it's going to work if Jesse L. Martin is leaving the show but Danielle Nicolet isn't.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just started watching tonight's episode ("Rogues of War") and I am already groaning at the basic plot that appears to being laid out. The bad guys need something which is being held in an extremely secure place. So, in order to prevent the bad guys from getting to it, Team Flash is going to steal it first. They'll do all the hard work and then the bad guys will steal it from them.

Maybe the writers will surprise me, but I doubt it. More after I finish the episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just started watching tonight's episode ("Rogues of War") and I am already groaning at the basic plot that appears to being laid out. The bad guys need something which is being held in an extremely secure place. So, in order to prevent the bad guys from getting to it, Team Flash is going to steal it first. They'll do all the hard work and then the bad guys will steal it from them.
100 percent. It's hard to root for Team Flash when they're consistently this damn stupid.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The premiere wasn't especially well-written, but it was at least fun. I wonder how it's going to work if Jesse L. Martin is leaving the show but Danielle Nicolet isn't.

I don’t think it matters since there’s only 6 eps left.
They don’t need to appear together in the episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, there were a few minor surprises, but ultimately it was another lazy writers stupid plot. The writers are only able to make the heroes stupid in order to accomplish the goals they have for this part of the season.

Putting that aside, it does really seem that one of the goals for the season is to make a proper capstone for the Arrowverse as whole.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I wonder how it's going to work if Jesse L. Martin is leaving the show but Danielle Nicolet isn't.
They've had cast members take episodes off quite a bit in the show, including when Martin had to take some time off for his back issues. I thought they were getting ready to write him off a few seasons ago. So it'll barely be noticeable.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It’s the final season, and only 13 episodes. There may not be much of a gap between when he leaves and she does (when the show ends)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just watched last night's episode.

I did think the episode worked for the most part and I am interested in seeing how they wrap it up in Part 2. At least
I hope this 2-parter finishes off this part of the season and it starts something new in the following episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The Mask of the Red Death Part Two actually accomplished most of what I hoped it would do. It was a nice conclusion to this first arc of the season.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It’s nice that Joe and Cecile realize that emergencies only happen Monday through Friday, and all the bad guys rest on Saturday and Sunday.

And such a good parenting move - “hey little one, we’re leaving your Mommy. You get to grow up without her, but she gets to visit you on the weekends”

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I haven't watched tonight's episode yet (won't until I'm back home next week), but haven't enjoyed any of this season so far. Not surprising, really. I was planning to ditch the show after last season, and only decided to watch this season since (a) it's the last, and (b) it's only 13 eps. It's been a slow, excruciating death...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Mask of the Red Death Part Two actually accomplished most of what I hoped it would do. It was a nice conclusion to this first arc of the season.
It would have been nice for the show to provide any explanation whatsoever about what the real Batwoman was up to while her doppelganger was wreaking havoc on Central City. In Part I, it was this huge deal that Batwoman went missing while on patrol one night and no one on the Bat Team in Gotham has been able to get a hold of her. And then here she is, "Sorry I'm late!" and it's never addressed again the episode.

It’s nice that Joe and Cecile realize that emergencies only happen Monday through Friday, and all the bad guys rest on Saturday and Sunday.

And such a good parenting move - “hey little one, we’re leaving your Mommy. You get to grow up without her, but she gets to visit you on the weekends”
So much of what the characters do in the Eric Wallace era of the show feels so untethered from the way real people behave. And so many moments feel like they went right from the writer's head to the script to the screen without any revision or even momentary reconsideration. It's clear that nobody stopped to think about the fact that being a superhero isn't a 9-5 job. Or if they did, didn't want to take the time to come up with something better. The last couple seasons have felt like they've taken bad fan fiction and then actually filmed it.

I'll miss Joe, but Jesse L. Martin has been wasted the last few seasons anyway. I don't blame him for leaving. He stuck out it through when the show was originally supposed to end, and he gave them a few episodes this season to wrap the character up. It's too bad the writers didn't make better use of it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I was an avid watcher of this but when it started alternate time lines and all that crap, I stopped viewing the show. I don't think it was geared toward my age group anyways.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m thinking I’ll just bypass the first part of this season and just watch the last few eps.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I’m aware.
Nothing in the first 3 episodes interested me. Have the others recorded.
Don’t think I’ll watch until the last handful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks