What's new

Broadcast TV The Flash - season 7 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I'm assuming the footage in this trailer is from what was shot when it was intended to be episode 20 of season 6.

Maybe the shutdown will get the writers to tighten up their storylines and work in smaller chunks, giving more flexibility to pivot if the season gets cut short again. Season 5 was bad about having more episodes than story, and even though they tried to tighten up in season 6 by having two half-season arcs, there was still a bit of running in place going on.

Still, the trailer got me excited for the eventual return.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming the footage in this trailer is from what was shot when it was intended to be episode 20 of season 6.

Maybe the shutdown will get the writers to tighten up their storylines and work in smaller chunks, giving more flexibility to pivot if the season gets cut short again. Season 5 was bad about having more episodes than story, and even though they tried to tighten up in season 6 by having two half-season arcs, there was still a bit of running in place going on.

Still, the trailer got me excited for the eventual return.
They showed it at the DCFanDome Flash panel yesterday. They said about 85% of episode 20 had been shot and that is where most of that footage comes from.

There was a question to the cast and creators about whether having the two half-seasons for Season 6 was a good idea. They were uniform in liking that for most of the logical reasons. So, it would seem they will continue with at least two chunks in Season 7.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That’s really too bad. She was terrific and I really enjoyed her on the show.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Season 7 Premiere Tuesday February 23

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23

8-9 p.m. THE FLASH (Season 7 premiere)

Disappointed its not starting in January. I guess this means fewer episodes or less reruns.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Filming on pause due to positive Covid test of a crew member.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Since The Flash won't start until March 2 what are the chances that CW will just air 13 or 14 episodes this season but film 18 episodes with 4 or 5 episodes saved for the fall so that next season can start in October. Seems like Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Stargirl will all be summer series this season. Since they are doing a final season of 20 episodes of Supergirl, I think at this point it would be best just to hold it until the fall instead of running it over the summer. The CW has a lot of local sports programing during the summer.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"The Flash" Renewed for Season 8
The CW Press Release said:
THE CW GIVES EARLY RENEWALS TO 12 CURRENT SERIES FOR NEXT SEASON

Network Picks Up “All American,” “Batwoman,” “Charmed,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “Dynasty,” “The Flash,”
“In The Dark,” “Legacies,” “Nancy Drew,” “Riverdale,” “Roswell, New Mexico” and “Walker” For the 2021-2022
Season

The CW Orders Additional Episodes of the Current Seasons of

Walker” and “Superman & Lois”

February 3, 2021 (Burbank, CA) —The CW Network today renewed 12 of its current scripted series for the 2021-2022 season, including its new breakout hit WALKER, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and CEO, The CW Network. Additionally, The CW is ordering 5 additional episodes for this season of WALKER, bringing its total episode count for 2020-2021 to 18, and 2 additional episodes of SUPERMAN & LOIS, bringing its total episode count for 2020-2021 to 15.

“Though we’re just a few weeks into the new season, we wanted to get a strategic head start on next season with these early renewals, which allows our production teams to start laying out story arcs and hiring staff, and at the same time, continues to provide us with a strong, stable schedule to build on for next season,” said Pedowitz. “As The CW’s 2020-2021 season kicks into high gear, we are thrilled creatively with the direction of our first new shows out of the gate, WALKER and SUPERMAN & LOIS, that we wanted to order the additional episodes to complete their first seasons, and we are particularly pleased with the huge success of the launch of WALKER, which debuted as our most watched series premiere in 5 years.”

The current series being ordered for the 2021-2022 season include a second season of WALKER, which recently scored The CW’s most watched series premiere in 5 years, as well as ALL AMERICAN (Season 4), BATWOMAN (Season 3), CHARMED (Season 4), DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Season 7), DYNASTY (Season 5), THE FLASH (Season 8), IN THE DARK (Season 4), LEGACIES (Season 4), NANCY DREW (Season 3), RIVERDALE (Season 6) and ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (Season 4). Specific premiere dates for each series will be announced at a later time.

Art is available online at http://www.cwtvpr.com, as well as the latest releases,
biographies and other relevant press information for all The CW’s programs

Media Contacts:

Paul Hewitt, 818/977-6171
[email protected]

Nate Kirtman, 818/977-5993
[email protected]

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
More than most, this show suffered from the truncated previous season. It was a decent premiere tonight, with a big swing on the Wells front and with regard to Barry's powers, but it's frustrating that Iris is still stuck in the mirror universe and Eva is still the big bad.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this was definitely an episode from last season. It had the feel of one that should be episode 20 or so. I am hoping that they don't drag out those plotlines longer than originally planned for then.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I would really like to know which scenes were added to replace the scenes with Hartley Sawyer that were filmed for this episode last year. I would also like to see the Hartley Sawyer scenes cut. I am sure the cut scenes will never be shown as a blu ray extra. They will not show any previously unseen Hartley Sawyer scenes. They cut his scenes from the blooper reel on the Season 6 blu ray.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Guessing that Wells will show up in the speedforce or in someone's dreams going forward.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
It's entirely plausible that they didn't have any Ralph scenes in the original version of the episode. Ralph had just run off with Sue, and the show regularly has cast members sit out of episodes.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's entirely plausible that they didn't have any Ralph scenes in the original version of the episode. Ralph had just run off with Sue, and the show regularly has cast members sit out of episodes.
I believe Eric Wallace stated in interviews that about 20% of the premiere episode had to be reshot mostly to replace cut Ralph footage. Tonight's episode was rewritten to include Killer Frost who was not scheduled to return for the 3 episodes of season 6 that were postponed due to Covid 19. Next week would have been the Season 6 finale so you would assume Ralph would have been in it. I am guessing and I have read that others have guessed too, that "Ralph" will disguise himself as Harrison Wells when he is written out of the series.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My big issue with the speed thinking is that all of the speedsters had previously been shown to have a version of that; while it didn't make them any smarter, their perception of time is very different than non-speedsters. The major example that comes to mind was the fourth season episode where a nuke has just gone off in Central City and the entire episode takes place in the second immediately after the chain reaction has been initiated. Barry and Jesse spend a lengthy about of time trying to figure out a solution in a span of time that is infinitesimal to everybody else.

Awesome ending to this week's episode. Never thought that person would return.
I figured something was coming when the actor in question was still listed as a series regular in the credits. It's an interesting way to give us yet another new Harrison Wells: The original Harrison Wells that Eobard Thawne killed and took the place of.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Spock Flash tonight. Read Grant Gustin interview on TVline.
I was thinking him more as Brainiac than Spock, but it fit.

As far as the ending I was thinking the only Wells we were going to get was Zoom. Getting the "original" back is a complete surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks