What's new

The Flash - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TVLine: "The Flash" Casts Newcomer as Heroine Speedster Jesse Quick
ViolettBeane.jpg

It's looking increasingly likely that the second season will borrow heavily from EP Geoff Johns's The Flash: Rebirth limited series comic book, since Zoom is going to be the Big Bad this season and Jesse Quick marks the fourth of the seven speedster protagonists from that story. Earlier this year the show TVLine reported about a casting call the show put out for "the season-long role of a classically handsome, square-jawed hero in his 30s to early 40s, a slightly cynical man 'with an edge'", strongly rumored to be Max Mercury, which would make a fifth speedster protagonist. Of the remaining two, Iris is being used in a different way on the show and Bart Allen is probably being saved for later.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Adam Lenhardt said:
It's looking increasingly likely that the second season will borrow heavily from EP Geoff Johns's The Flash: Rebirth limited series comic book, since Zoom is going to be the Big Bad this season and Jesse Quick marks the fourth of the seven speedster protagonists from that story.

This seems like an excellent choice and one I eluded to a while back regarding The Flash Rebirth. It seems like they are going to continue to draw from these books and I really like that. I am quite familiar with these stories and while I know most of what's coming that other viewers don't, it's really nice to see them following the characters so close in that regard, unlike many other shows or movies that stray too far.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm not familiar with Rebirth, Zoom or much else that is being mentioned, but I am still looking forward to It.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm also not familiar with the Rebirth story, I like knowing enough to pique my interest. Since the Speed Force was introduced on the show, i'd like to see them tackle Terminal Velocity, even though it's a Wally West story. Can't wait for October.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks