What's new

The Equalizer (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Has this already been discussed? I searched but nothing came up. This would be nice to have on dvd.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
It would be great to get it on DVD. One of my top 3 favorite shows from the 80s. I'm holding off on transferring my tapes because I think Universal will get to this at some point down the line.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just bumping to see if anything has been rumored. I just read that Mr.Woodward is in him late 70's. I would love to see him participate in a dvd release.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
That's another one that I'd get if/when available.
Hello, Ed from a few miles west of Tyler (Irving, TX) :)
I've never owned a "Jag" :emoji_thumbsup:

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I was a big fan, and would definitely buy season 1. If I recall though, the writing really went south at some point. Which season was it?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
While I wouldnt buy it, my roommate was just going off on how she would pay ANY price to have this on disc. She really digs the show, it would seem.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I really want to see the second season on DVD, but I read on possibly the IMDb a few weeks ago that music rights issues could be/are the reason why the second season hasn't come out yet. I can only remember the instrumental score in the show. Does anyone know what songs were heard in the second season of The Equalizer?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Universal logo was shown after the end credits of The Equalizer, so I assume it was a Universal show. A suggestion for release by Madman?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There's a DVD pre-order listing on Play.com for the second season of The Equalizer, with a UK release date of Monday 26th September, 2011. There's no DVD pre-order listing up on Amazon UK and HMV.com yet though.

Am taking this with a grain of salt at the moment.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaveCrest
There's a DVD pre-order listing on Play.com for the second season of The Equalizer, with a UK release date of Monday 26th September, 2011. There's no DVD pre-order listing up on Amazon UK and HMV.com yet though.

Am taking this with a grain of salt at the moment.
Thanks for the info. I added this one to my DVD file for upcoming releases. I might wait a while to see if an R1 release is announced but R2's ok for me.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I added this one to my DVD file for upcoming releases. I might wait a while to see if an R1 release is announced but R2's ok for me.

I honestly didn't think any more seasons of The Equalizer would be released on Region 2. Maybe this long wait was down to clearing music?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Well this is a bit of a strange thing. Now recently Play.com had taken down their UK release date for The Equalizer: Season 2. Have checked Amazon UK (which at the time of my post before last, didn't have a DVD pre-order listing for Season 2), and they have Season 2 up for DVD pre-order. But it's not Universal Playback releasing it. Beside "Studio" instead, is Fabulous Films. They've released The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Streethawk and coming soon Tour of Duty. The UK release date is still Monday 26th September. A possible explanation for Universal Playback not releasing Season 2 is given in a pre-release review on the Amazon UK listing page for this Fabulous Films title (music clearances).

But it appears the Season 2 set will be delayed until January/February 2012, based on Fabulous Films' Facebook page.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Update on the status of Fabulous Films' second season DVD set of The Equalizer. They've posted on their Facebook page "February 2012".

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
well another delay. But at least it is coming and I have a multiregion dvd player so will order this from acoss the Atlantic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks