What's new

THE CREATURE WASN'T NICE - Original Director's Cut finally coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
Thats right - the VHS release I saw back in the early 1980s was called Spaceship. I think they may have changed the titles to try to capitalise on 'Airplane'.

The Creature Wasn't Nice is such a great and appropriate title for the film.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Thats right - the VHS release I saw back in the early 1980s was called Spaceship. I think they may have changed the titles to try to capitalise on 'Airplane'.

The Creature Wasn't Nice is such a great and appropriate title for the film.

That's exactly what they were trying to do. :) Saw the check disc and am still going through it, but there was an issue with the transfer that they're now fixing. So far, all the extras look and play fine and I got through one of the three commentaries, proofing-wise.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Transfer issue is fixed and we'll probably announce on Monday morning for pre-orders and have discs a couple of weeks later - I'll post the link here come Monday. Here's some fun news: We did an early test to see if we could blow up the original 4x3 letterbox image (this 3/4" video transfer was done back in 1981!) but it made the already not great image look much worse, so that was a no go. Until three weeks ago - a new technology was unveiled and I think we may have been the first to try it - they did a test, and the blow up looked almost identical to the 4x3 letterbox, so we did it and now we have that cut in 16x9. I'm doing the final proofing of the check disc now.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Transfer issue is fixed and we'll probably announce on Monday morning for pre-orders and have discs a couple of weeks later - I'll post the link here come Monday. Here's some fun news: We did an early test to see if we could blow up the original 4x3 letterbox image (this 3/4" video transfer was done back in 1981!) but it made the already not great image look much worse, so that was a no go. Until three weeks ago - a new technology was unveiled and I think we may have been the first to try it - they did a test, and the blow up looked almost identical to the 4x3 letterbox, so we did it and now we have that cut in 16x9. I'm doing the final proofing of the check disc now.

That is fantastic news. I am so looking forward to this.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
And we're live! You can order the DVD directly at www.kritzerland.com. We should have 'em in about two weeks if all goes according to
plan. :)

KR_CreatureDVD_Cover_72.jpg

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Received my copy but the theatrical version will not play. The commentary for the theatrical version also will not play. Do I have a defective disc or our others also having the same problem?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
No, it's a problem with a handful of players - they sussed out the problem, which is really obscure, and they're making replacement discs for those who have the problem, of whom the number, with you, is exactly four. I'm hopeful it won't be too widespread, but if you just send an e-mail to kritzerland at gmail dot com we'll put you on the list for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks