What's new

The Apprentice season 4 (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
They sure did mention it the first episode.

Randall has convinced me that he is not like the other black candidates. They all had great qualifications but could do nothing in the end with them. I wonder if the final four judges will say that again? For a guy with all of these degrees, they will wonder. If he can get past that, then it will be him and Alla fighting it out at the end. Rebecca will make it to the final 4.

IMHO of course.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I agree that Alla and Randall are both the best candidates but I still find it hard to believe that the winner will finally be a woman or minority. Call me cynical. :p)

However with each week, my cynicism is slowly melting away. Just look at who is left:

Adam: No chance. Trump would have fired all three of the boardroom people last week if he hadn't fired four people already the week before. It's only a matter of time.

Clay: Same as Adam. No executive material here.

Alla: Strongest female candidate. Can see through BS which is a talent you want in your executives. But will Trump have the guts to hire a former Las Vegas dancer?

Felishia: Is this woman even on the show? She's invisible in every episode. Only 8 of 18 people are left and she still hasn't made a mark.

Brian: The biggest threat to Alla and Randall's chances. Why? Cuz he's a cookie cutter white male of course.:D

Marshawn: I am not sure if she is top 4 material. She doesn't seem like a leader type to me.

Randall: Not only is he smart and grounded but he has the most respect among all the candidates. If even your peers/competitors look up to you then it's your job to win or lose.

Rebecca: Her Toral stand was more stubborn than honorable, imo. It's great to take a stand for something you believe in but is Toral the kind of person for whom you wanna take a bullet? Her judgement is in question and hence has lost a lot of respect from the others. I think it has completely ruined any chance of her winning.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

A woman won last season.

I've predicted a Randall win from the first episode--he's far and away the most competent and likeable.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well we had a Star Wars Episode and
Brian decided to miss a meeting, idiot
which caused them to forget about adding the most important character to their presentation Darth Vader
. Then Marshawn backed out of doing the presentation

They lost and both were fired

On the car ride home Marshawn talked smack about Brian to his face while he said nothing
:laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What the hell was Marshawn thinking, wanting to secondary, but colorful, character in their display?

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I completely agreed with both firings on tonight's show. Marshawn and Brian both made mistakes on this task that are inexcusable for any manager, much less one who wants to be an executive for Donald Trump.

On the conceptual side, the "light vs. dark" theme works for the saga as a whole, but the focus for Episode III is on Vader and the dark side. Randall, as a fan, should have known why audiences were drawn to the movie. Even the non-fans on his team should have been able to go to the official website to see how Revenge of the Sith was marketed and create a logical follow-up.

Something that really bugged me was Clay's comment that the time is over for respecting his teammates and being a team player. It is much better to have the trust and support of the team, even at this stage of the process, than to alienate them. It may be too late for Clay, but it is never a good idea to give the other candidates cause to dislike you.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They never seem to remember that if they are in the final two, they'll have to deal with some of the fired applicants on their team in their final tasks.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I still wonder why Marshwan didn't want to do the presentation in the last minute, she never gave a good answer to that question (I really can't believe she felt Brian would do a better job). Very odd.

Brian deserved to be fired, for essentially ruining the task at the get-go. Incredibly dumb that he thought they'd make it out on the street, grab a cab, get a ride, get out of the cab, find the office, and get into the meeting room in 10 minutes (assuming they wanted to be there 5 minutes early to get set up).

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

I suspect she saw it was probably a losing task and did not want any spotlight in the board room. She miscalculated and the substitute presentor was the only one singled out in a positive light.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

Really, and he said that's what he got from Bill's talk with them. Someones listening skills suck.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I do not understand why they couldn't reschedule a meeting for later in the day.:confused: At the very least, he could have talked to them over the phone while the others continued working. It's crazy to think they would be OK without finding out what the judges are looking for.

Clay's declaration of "me first" is a prime example of people hearing only what they want to hear.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, it's hard not to single-out Rebecca in a positive light. :)

I can't believe they had "meet Bill" as a reward AGAIN.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Yeah, I forgot about that.

Talk about a lame reward - spend a morning on the top of an unfinished building in suits wearing ill-fitting hardhats listening to Bill share his six months of new found wisdom.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Finally, Clay has been shown the door. What was it said at the end? Something like "Don't hug me, you said things in there that didn't need to be said." Even in defeat he can hold a grudge, what a class act.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Everyone in previous episodes said Clay was a whiny bitch. Rebecca and Randall welcomed Clay with open arms at the beginning of the task and soon after had the same opinion as everyone else. I am guessing that when Clay is at home watching last night's episode that he still thinks everyone else is crazy.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Which I submit was a shrewd, calculated move. As front runners for the job they knew Clay was a pariah and if they lost the task, would have an easy firing candidate in Clay if he joined them. Any other person moved into their team would expose them more to a potential firing. A wise move that almost backfired however by their own bad moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks