What's new

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. ? (1 Viewer)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Being on AOL is not necessary. I am not on AOL.

I think it is AOLin2tv. They also have Babylon 5 and other older shows available.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Pete- If you are a Bruce Campbell fan you will love this show. I never watched it in the original run but a friend got me started on the Evil Dead movies and from then on I watched everything I could get my hands on. When TNT started showing Brisco in the 90's, I was in heaven. I recorded every episode and have transferred them to dvd since I never thought the show would come out on dvd. This is a show that we will get out as a family and watch just because of how funny it is, you have to watch an episode two or three times to get all the references. In my opinion this show should be a pop culture classic because of all the references in it. The one my teenage son got just the other day - I hit the sheriff, Yeah but I didn't hit the deputy (or something like that).

Absolutely a terrific show, as I said the price bothered me because I wanted to buy a lot of copies to give out to friends but for now I will just get one for me.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Thanks... just found the link :)

Thanks Peggy... I am wanting to see this show more and more all the time now... think I will see if they have the pilot to download... that is where I would perfer to start it anyway. :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Ok.... wasn't able to watch a whole episode... I seemed to have trouble with the video on the site.... but I did get to watch about half of the episode The Orb Scholar.

That was enough to tell me... I want this series!!! Once I made that descision... I just stopped the video and decided to wait to see it on DVD. :)

Now the only problem the price is for me... is when I will be able to get it... doubt I will be able to get it on release date... but I will have it! :)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Silly question for die-hard Brisco fans...

Does anyone else besides me think that Pete was an immortal?

He always seems to be killed in most of his appearances, always shows back up alive with some smart aleck quip and then moves on. Does he never die because he was never be-headed. Since both show were on during the same period, I always thought it was an interesting speculation that Pete must have been an immortal who was very lucky.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
First review up at DVDTalk:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=22466

Positive marks across the board.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
Holy crap, I just found out about the price. I can go ahead and cross this one off my list. I thought we were past the days of ridiculously priced TV box sets. I guess I can always get a used one off ebay.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Greg, it's a cult show that will sell far fewer sets than others priced at $60. It's 28 TV hours of material on 8 discs, with bonus material. The set isn't ridiculously priced.

Gord

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
eh.. it's $99.95 MSRP it is overpriced. Wild Wild West is a Cult series there's 28 hours of show there too , yet I picked it up for a reasonable $27.99. Being B&W and from the 60's I don't think it will be flying off the shelves either. Brisco should be no more than a $59.95 list I think that's quite reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks