What's new

Home Theater United Episode 39 - What's Cooking at Warner Archive Collection with Mr. George Feltenstein (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
MGM released 82 confirmed features in that sound format between 1954-1957 plus dozens of shorts, cartoons and trailers.

Warner Brothers released at least 12 features.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ask and you shall receive.... ;)

Thanks! If any of you are the ones posting to those thread we’d prefer links to this discussion thread are included but links to hometheaterunited.com or the apple podcast links are also appreciated. As noted the podcast is Home Theater United, the Home Theater Forum podcast!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
something you might want to know Sam, I just tried to leave a review on your Podcast series on my Apple Podcast app, but It doesn't want to load? There may have been others in the same boat!!! It allows you to set it up and title it but when done, and you hit save it goes away, going back to review it is the same review that I added but not submitted???
So for you, if you can add it to the mix, is my short review...

Just caught Sam’s latest interview with the head of the Warner Archive Collection, in regulars to upcoming releases. I had been with Home Theater Forum for quite some time, yet never knew that Sam was producing these, very nice!!
He’s through, insightful and gets the info for all of us that collect movies, no matter the format, you can walk away with news you can use!! I’ve added his Podcast to my Listen to list, you should too!!

Check out his other podcasts (all posted in this subforum of course). They actually aren't often lengthy interviews w/ studio insiders like this one, but cover all sorts of very worthwhile HT stuff of interest -- and AFAIK, Sam (and usually also @Brian Dobbs) will consider suggestions for interesting topics and guests, especially if you can help procure such guests for them, hehheh.

I'd suggest just tagging this subforum to "watch" for new threads for whenever new podcasts are posted. :cool:

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Seriously thank you all for the very kind feedback. It was truly an honor to interview Mr. Feltenstein and the reactions have been 99% positive. I’m really bummed to not have plans to hit CEDIA due to RL issues with family health but am seriously considering hitting CES

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Sam the really ONLY film we need to see with Perspecta sound would be White Christmas it was never is stereo and the great Bob Furmanek said he had a print and the sound was effective and the tracks still exist. I never heard of the process until seeing the credit on screen for that film - Sorry off topic with Paramount film but that would be nice seems Mr F really was not impressed with the process saying a cheaper process than stereo
If I recall correctly from GF's answer to the Perspecta question, when he remarked about such films usually having better multi-channel elements, he also suggested that the only time a Perspecta track would really be a plus is if the movie would otherwise only be mono. So White Christmas -- if it were a Warner title -- would be an appropriate use of a Perspecta track.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
If I recall correctly from GF's answer to the Perspecta question, when he remarked about such films usually having better multi-channel elements, he also suggested that the only time a Perspecta track would really be a plus is if the movie would otherwise only be mono. So White Christmas -- if it were a Warner title -- would be an appropriate use of a Perspecta track.
And White Christmas was not stereo so Perspecta might be a great discovery == meanwhile what was MGMS first stereo film?

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
I'm no longer interested in anything anybody from Warner Bros has to say until they finish releasing the TV series they promised 6-7 years ago. Namely Paradise/Guns of Paradise seasons 2 and 3. and others. We have a list of over 5000 people who agree until Warner's releases the titles they started we will not purchase any Warner's titles. 90% of the members in our Television collects group has purchased nothing from Warner's in the last 2 years. Our suggestion to Warner's is that they finish releasing the series they started or pack it in. They can keep their damn re-issues.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm no longer interested in anything anybody from Warner Bros has to say until they finish releasing the TV series they promised 6-7 years ago. Namely Paradise/Guns of Paradise seasons 2 and 3. and others. We have a list of over 5000 people who agree until Warner's releases the titles they started we will not purchase any Warner's titles. 90% of the members in our Television collects group has purchased nothing from Warner's in the last 2 years. Our suggestion to Warner's is that they finish releasing the series they started or pack it in. They can keep their damn re-issues.
David Bowie Mob GIF by Queen

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Sam hope we do see Adv of Superman can u believe the series box sets on dvd priced at 294.00 for the whole collection???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks