What's new

The Accidental Tourist (1988) coming from Warner Archive (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
View media item 3920THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST (1988)

NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
BD 50
121:00
English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 STEREO- English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
COLOR
Special Features:
Introduction by Lawrence Kasdan
Scene Specific Commentary by Geena Davis
Featurette "It's Like Life"
Lifted Scenes
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Where to find your favorite fast-food hamburger in Paris? How many laundry-soap packets does a trip to Atlanta require? Ask Macon Leary, whose guidebooks are revered by home-loving business travelers who loathe being in transit. About matters of the heart, don’t ask Macon. He doesn’t have a clue. At least, not yet.

This funny, tender film of Anne Tyler’s best seller reteams director Lawrence Kasdan with his Body Heat stars William Hurt and Kathleen Turner as misfiring Macon and wife Sarah, and showcases Geena Davis in her Best Supporting Actress Academy Award®- winning* role of romantically inclined dog-trainer Muriel. Chosen as the year’s best movie by the New York Film Critics Circle and a nominee for three other Oscars®, including Best Picture, The Accidental Tourist will leave you glowing.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
I always thought this was the sneakiest of movies in that it takes a mix of seemingly boring or oddball people and slowly brings out the humanity in all of them.
Thoroughly enjoyable film to watch.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I also think it's one of Kathleen Turner's best-ever performances. In fact, despite her second billing, I would have put her in the supporting category and put Geena Davis in the leading category. That would likely have cost her the Oscar for her wonderful performance, but her role is really bigger than Turner's.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
No pun intended, but I accidentally met Geena Davis in a stretch limo.
Of course, she's so tall; therefore her height may have demanded that such a vehicle be used, more so than required by her stature, alone.
The meeting was awkward to say the least; as someone knowing how smitten I was from her films, had pointed out her parked-under-the-shaded-tree limo - at an event in her hometown - saying to me that she wasn't in it, but thought that I ought to pop my head in through the open-tinted window and check out the interior.
BTW, did I ever say anything about my being too trusting of my friends in my mid-20's, at the time of this story?
Anyway, I naively went with it; not knowing I was being set up for a laugh.
So in my head goes.
I'm looking first to my left; towards the longer directional view of the driver's end.
Then I turn my head to my right, in the direction of where the passengers would sit.
And passenger, there was.
My jaw dropped from complete surprise, as I was staring right into Ms. Davis's very widened eyes.
Her silent facial expression was deadpan comical, as it reflected my own inner surprise; as Geena Davis just somehow knew that I had no idea that she was anywhere near that limo - let alone, inside of it.
"Oh !! Hello", I said.
Ms. Davis seemed to be enjoying my embarrassing moment and returned with a kind "Hello", as well.
She was every bit as funny and gorgeous; face to face, as it were; as she was in her films.
My kind of gal and a damned good sport.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I love The Accidental Tourist and the John Williams score.
Was waiting for this to be on Bluray.
I'll wait to puchase it and watch it in autumn though because it's a very autumny movie.

here's a comparison I made with the DVD (Bluray screenshot is not mine) to see the upgrade in quality:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/209610

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnthinkableSol
Recent bookmarks