What's new

Pre-Order The Abbott and Costello Show Season One (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Bud and Lou have arrived in my city, as of last night!
rock.gif

Alas, there's no mail delivery in Canada today due to New Years falling on Saturday this year, but I'm thinking there's a good chance for their Tuesday arrival!!
rock.gif
rock.gif

ABBOTT & COSTELLO GO TO LONDON! (2022):
bd_the_abbott_and_costello_show_s1_sidea_front.jpg

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Bud and Lou have arrived in my city, as of last night!
rock.gif

Alas, there's no mail delivery in Canada today due to New Years falling on Saturday this year, but I'm thinking there's a good chance for their Tuesday arrival!!
rock.gif
rock.gif

ABBOTT & COSTELLO GO TO LONDON! (2022):
bd_the_abbott_and_costello_show_s1_sidea_front.jpg

It's actually now at the delivering Post Office (Probably the Canada Postal Depot just 2.3 km away!) for final sorting!

So near, yet....

"Tomorrow! Tomorrow! You're only a day away!!"

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Tony, trust me, you'll enjoy this show...a hell of a lot better than their movies, in my opinion. Great program and funny throughout!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony, trust me, you'll enjoy this show...a hell of a lot better than their movies, in my opinion. Great program and funny throughout!
Ironically, I just fairly recently finally finished viewing the entire first season of "The Abbott & Costello Show" on the complete series DVD set I picked up way back in 2010! Those telecine print transfers are pretty hard to watch on a Flatscreen, so I'm really excited about seeing that season's episodes looking and sounding better than ever, before! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Good for you. If that was handled by the USPS, after arriving in your home town it likely would have been re-routed to take a tour of Saskatchewan. ;)
I'm really thankful for the 1/2 dozen parcel compartments that were set up in our Apartment building by Canada Post, last year! It's saved us from many more trips to the local postal outlets, that we had to make in the first 18 months after our North Bay to London relocation!!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My Season 1 Blu-ray set of THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW arrived intact, but not totally without incident!
IMG_20220104_112949787.jpg

Canada Post apparently hired Chick & Wilbur to handle my delivery, the end result of which is evidenced below! :D
Destroyed Packaging to extract THE A&C SEASON 1 wedged Blu-ray set from Mailbox! IMG_20220104_...jpg

Suffice it to say, I had a bit of an adventure ripping off the cardboard packaging with the Blu-ray set still wedged in our designated small Postal Box! At the end of the day, I ended up having to gently push my A&C Blu-ray set through the open back end of the Postal Box (While making sure I didn’t let it drop into the locked Mailroom, UGH!), until it stuck out far enough that I was able to twist and pull it back through the front end, which I was unable to do when it was wedged at a 45 degree angle!

Thanks, Canada Post!! :rolleyes:

As an added bonus, check out the sender's street name!! :D
IMG_20220104_112425945_BURST000_COVER_TOP (2).jpg

Sometimes, you just gotta laugh!! :lol:

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Glad you got your set, Tony! Mine is scheduled to arrive by Monday. Somehow, I've managed to avoid watching pretty much ANY A&C over the years. Maybe catching bits and pieces of the movies over the years. The TV show will be totally new to me!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Glad you got your set, Tony! Mine is scheduled to arrive by Monday. Somehow, I've managed to avoid watching pretty much ANY A&C over the years. Maybe catching bits and pieces of the movies over the years. The TV show will be totally new to me!
Thanks, Paul! My little unplanned delivery related adventure is likely something I'll remember for at least a minute! :D

A quick appraisal of the inner casing and the playing side of each disc didn't reveal any issues, which is all that really matters!

I'm quite sure you'll enjoy these episodes, Paul. Think of Bud Abbott as a kind of straight man's Leo Gorcey, minus the malapropisms and pugnaciousness, if that makes any sense!

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Just a quick question as i dont have the blurays ordered yet. I take there were never closing credits for season one? Do these blurays end with the "MCA TV" logo as per the old DVDs

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Season one did not have end credits as all of the credits were at the opening.

We have restored the original MCA syndication logo which was removed in 1958 when Sterling television took over distribution. That logo was not present on any previous video release.

This show has been restored from original 35mm camera negatives to the versions first syndicated in the fall of 1951. You will find more information about this painstaking preservation project in both the campaign description and various updates.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Here's the original MCA TV Ltd. EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTATIVES logo, as described by Bob Furmanek! :)
screenshot042.jpg

"The Drug Store" Episode looks and sounds stunning!
screenshot031.jpg

Of course, the "c 1978" logo that appears on the show's opening titles in all previous home video releases of the telecine transfer season one episodes, is gone on these beautifully restored 35 mm transfers!
screenshot000.jpg

I almost cried when I saw the opening scene, it looks and sounds so beautiful! Heck, I'm almost crying while typing this!

Thank you, Bob! :)

Last edited:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

We have restored the original MCA syndication logo which was removed in 1958 when Sterling television took over distribution. That logo was not present on any previous video release.

This show has been restored from original 35mm camera negatives to the versions first syndicated in the fall of 1951. You will find more information about this painstaking preservation project in both the campaign description and various updates.

Thank you again, Bob, for all the tremendous work you have done in keeping the 'Boys' films and TV series alive and looking better than ever!

Gary "looking forward to S2 and 'Jack and the Beanstalk' later this year" O.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Here's the original MCA TV Ltd. EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTATIVES logo, as described by Bob Furmanek! :)
View attachment 123978

"The Drug Store" Episode looks and sounds stunning!
View attachment 123979

Of course, the "c 1978" logo that appears on the show's opening titles in all previous home video releases of the telecine transfer season one episodes, is gone on these beautifully restored 35 mm transfers!
View attachment 123980

I almost cried when I saw the opening scene, it looks and sounds so beautiful! Heck, I'm almost crying while typing this!

Thank you, Bob! :)

In The Army Story while being questioned at the draft board desk.

Born?

Lou: “Were we?”

Bud: “Certainly”

Lou: “Yes sir”

Where were you born?

Lou: “Patterson N.J.”

Patterson N.J.

Lou: “Yes sir”

Where in Patterson N.J.?

Bud: “Tell him where!”

Lou: “Under a sink”

How do you know it was under the sink?

Lou: “I head the water running”

Bud: “Pay no attention to him, he’s a very nervous”

Bob, I don’t know why this hit my funny bone like it did, but I might’ve awoken the neighbors I laughed so loud!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Bob,

When I inquired several months prior to the release of this set, whether the MCA TV logo would be included, I was told it wouldn’t.
Glad to see that’s changed.
This just adds a bit more nostalgia to this series as this is how I viewed it back in the day on WPIX.

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chpsen
Recent bookmarks