What's new

3D THANK YOU, TWILIGHT TIME, FOR A MAN IN THE DARK (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Bill
Matt, from whom is Kiss Me Kate available in 3D? It's in my top five wish list from the classic 3D era (the others being Money From Home, Hondo, Revenge of the Creature and It Came From Outer Space).

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Was also wondering how this sold.....do the results of sales at least allow the possibilities for other releases in 3D?...or are the so bad that there is no hope for the classics....that that the fate of the world be based on one title....but....

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
bob kaplan said:
Was also wondering how this sold.....do the results of sales at least allow the possibilities for other releases in 3D?...or are the so bad that there is no hope for the classics....that that the fate of the world be based on one title....but....
Well, I have no knowledge of numbers but HOUSE OF WAX seems to have sold out on Amazon and is no longer available directly from them. (and that was at a $29.00 price point.)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Checking on eBay for sold copies of Blu-ray 3D for House of Wax, Dial M For Murder, Creature from the Black Lagoon and Man in the Dark. They range from 18 to 26 copies sold, Man in the Dark being the most expensive - six sold for about $50 each! This is for the last three months.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We offered our services and expertise to Nick Redman at the HTF meet and greet in October, 2012. TT should have gone with either THE MAD MAGICIAN or MISS SADIE THOMPSON as their inaugural release. Sony has finished HD 3-D masters ready to go on both titles.

Either one would have sold better than MITD, in my humble opinion.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Man in the Dark isn't a popular title and may have cost less to license. Maybe TT/Sony want to see how well Man in the Dark sells before negotiating for the other two.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Just asked Twilight Time on Facebook if more 3D to come and was told Yup! Whatever it is I'm buying but I'm guessing Inferno (Mr. Nick Redman commentary on WB's Wild Bunch and supplements; Wild Bunch featuring Edmund O'Brien (Man in the Dark) and Robert Ryan (Inferno).

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I, too, would welcome any additional 3D releases from Twilight Time. A really fun one might be Fort Ti, actually Actually, they could do a full fledge William Castle 3D box set if they wanted to. Of course, The Stranger Wore A Gun has Randolph Scott and Gun Fury with Rock Hudson are also wonderful. I'm still anticipating the Flicker Alley release this fall and Dragonfly Squadron from Olive. Now, if only Warners would come through with Kiss Me Kate and Universal with It Came From Outer Space and Revenge of the Creature.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I have Man In The Dark on stand-down all set and ready to go on my birthday in a few weeks. It will be the first movie I see on my birthday as soon as the clock strikes midnight!!!! I am looking forward to checking that particular title out!!!! It is great to have many of these classic 3D movies from yesteryear in my collection as well. I enjoy them all!!!!

Real Name
Bill
Tina, I would at least put the disc in to make sure that it will play properly. I purchased a copy of MITD that would freeze up as soon as the 3D version started playing. I'd get about five notes of opening music on a black screen and then nothing. A replacement copy plays fine, though. You just don't want to find out you have a defective disc after the window for returns closes.

Real Name
Bill
By the way, in case anyone's interested, a few weeks ago I launched a Facebook page called Movie Poster of the Day. It's something I'd been doing on my personal page since the beginning of the year, but I decided to make it more accessible, so I moved the posts over to the new page. Every other week I do a theme, and a few weeks ago the theme was Classic 3D Movies. If you scroll down on the page or peruse the photo album, you'll eventually hit them. I made a similar announcement on the FB 3D page recently, but figured I'd follow up here in case anyone didn't see it. Please swing by and check it out. I'd love to hear your comments, memories, etc. on the 3D movies I featured or any of the others.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
Joe Bernardi said:
A typical B movie of the era, but the 3D depth was great!
I just just a 3DTV for the first time last week, so I'll have to pick this up. Is the depth on par with Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks