What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Taxi Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
So I am still wondering what the holdup for Season 4 is if the reasons are not rights issues and poor sales.

Heck, there was a tie in with Numbers: Season 3 with an episode where Judd Hirsch's character Alan Eppes says there's a classic TV show on and the theme to Taxi plays.

There are between 1000 and 2000 votes at TV Shows on DVD. Is that enough interest? The rank is 364 right now.

It's been almost 2.5 years since Season 3. My son is 2.5 years old. I've been keeping myself busy with him, but...

Any word or reason, Paramount?

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I hate to say this,but I've started to resign myself to the fact that Paramount won't be releasing the last two seasons of Taxi,which is unfortunate.Were sales of season 3 that bad?Were they that bad compared to Happy Days,Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy,which had more seasons released after a couple of years in limbo?For some unknown reason,Taxi seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the Paramount family.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
knowing Paramount, never say never. They brought Happy Days, Laverne and Mork back from the grave when we had counted them out (and now they're halfway through L&S and almost done with Mork), whose to say that Paramount might not surprise us with Taxi s4? I mean, Cheers s9 seemed unlikely and came out of nowhere.

I am almost certain though that if we get seasons 4 and 5, they will be in the amaray cases with the silver discs

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
I faithfully bought all the seasons of All In The Family as soon as they were released (for top dollar)....that was my "vote" for that show...and now it seems they are leaving us high and dry on that one (not Paramount...) -so I am NOT buying S1-3 of Taxi only to wait 10 years for S4...if ever.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Okay, I just glanced at the home page of TV Shows on DVD and saw "Taxi" in the title columns and my heart skipped a beat! But the summary of the news was just that a very special heartwarming episode will be included on a Holiday Treats DVD with other classic TV shows.

There is no word on which episode but if it's from Season 4 or 5, there is hope!

Taxi DVD news: Announcment for "T.V. Sets: Holiday Treats" | TVShowsOnDVD.com

C'mon Paramount ... we want Seasons 4 and 5!

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
That got my hopes up to there for a second. That news item should have been listed under "site news" IMHO.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Gord and I discussed this (via instant message, since he's in Vegas at the EMA show). We decided that Taxi fans would mostly kill us if we didn't point up that at least one episode, possibly new-to-DVD (but we don't know that yet), was coming out this year.

And if it turns out this ep is from the first three seasons, we'll join y'all in wanting to shoot the studio in their collective foot! :D

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I just read the news item.What a major disappointment!One episode(which I say will be the "Full House For Christmas" episode,from season 1)on an eight episode Christmas themed DVD.Even if it's an episode,from seasons 4 or 5,what good does that do the people,including myself,who've bought seasons 1-3?Paramount should have announced season 4,for October 7,instead of this.Just goes to show how little they think of Taxi.

promo718

Auditioning
Real Name
George
there we go, javascript issue.

So: It's November 2008, and it seems that Taxi seasons 4 & 5 will never make it out on DVD. Boohoo. The missing seasons would have made a terrific gift for Christmas or Channukah. It's a shame to have left a great show like Taxi incomplete in it's DVD release.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
A shout-out to Shout! Factory...

If we don't the know the reason why Paramount won't release the last two seasons, we can just ask Shout! Factory to look into the remaining two seasons. I posted in the "Classic TV I'd Love to See on Shout! Factory DVD" forum at Shout! for Night Court and the guy who runs things gave an explanation why studios would not want to license shows to them (mainly they don't want anyone else making money off them).

Shout! Factory Community - Classic TV I’d love to see on Shout! Factory DVD

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
According to Irv at Movies Unlimited, there is going to be a complete series release sometime in 2009. Here is a link to the September column and the relevant portion:

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musit..._06_092808.asp

Question: ...Any news about the final 2 seasons of Taxi??? Thanks again for any info.
-- (via email)

Answer: ... As for Taxi, expect a release of the entire series sometime in 2009. Thank you, very much!

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
If this "Irv" does indeed have a lot of inside information, then a complete Taxi release would be welcome news (even if I have the first three seasons). Until Gord or David from tvshowsondvd give us official news down the road, I'll treat it as a well-placed rumour.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure that they won't release a complete series set without first releasing s4 & s5 individually. Kind of like the did the last 3 seasons of Cheers in 08. I hope this info is legit.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I e-mailed Dave,back in mid-late August,and asked if he could inquire about the status of Taxi.He,basically,said that Paramount hasn't told him anything, and everytime he asks about it he's greeted with silence.I wonder what changed in that short amount of time,that "Irv" was able to get info from Paramount where Dave couldn't.As skeptical,of his comment, that I am,I hope he's telling the truth.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Whoever that "Irv" is is full of crap. TVShowsOnDVD has already shot down similar `complete series set in 2009' claims by "Irv" for three other shows: St. Elsewhere, [url="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Leave-Beaver-Rumors/10472]Leave It to Beaver[/url] and Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
DeVito Calls For Taxi Movie

Hey, if Danny DeVito has some pull, maybe this can get Seasons 4 and 5 off the ground. This is one of most maddening and mystifying non-releases that I've seen. No answers whatsoever. (Again) Lack of sales? Issues with rights? What else could it be? I doubt a "Complete Series" Blu-ray set. Wow. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks