What's new

Taxi Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Christi P

Agent

Have you *seen* Carla Gugino? Any series that features her deserves some exitement about a DVD release.

Mmmmmm......Carla Gugino.....mmmmmm.....

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
You know what would be a nice bonus feature for Taxi S4? The monologue Danny Devito performed on May 15, 1982's episode of Saturday Night Live. That's where he discusses ABC's cancellation of his show and invites his Taxi castmates to take a bow on the SNL stage, their final curtain call...

Except the show got picked up that fall by NBC.

Cue the Season 5 DVD discussion.

Of course, I doubt Paramount would go to the effort to get the clip from Broadway Video/NBC. Oh well.

CS

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Are you kidding? I'd be happy if they'd just release seasons 4-5, let alone add extras to it.
It's been a while since this thread started, and unfortunatly noone seems to know the fate of Taxi..:frowning:

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
I've been personally wondering if music licensing issues might be playing a role in the Taxi season 4 (and eventually season 5) releases. I know there are some well-known songs used in a couple of episodes in both of these seasons (Billy Joel's "Vienna" in S4, and Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine" in S5). If sales for the first three seasons haven't been quite up to what Paramount was hoping, they may be thinking twice about paying what have to be large licensing fees for those songs. Hence, the long delay for the next set.

I know when Paramount first announced plans for release of Taxi on DVD, the release schedule for all of the seasons was specifically the same as that for Cheers. Obviously, that hasn't held up as Cheers is up to it's eighth season release. I have to say I am a bit worried that Paramount may leave us high and dry with only two seasons to go.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, Taxi's first season originally came with the first seasons of Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy, and obviously Taxi was the winner of that bunch, with season set releases every 6 months or so (Oct 04, Feb 05, Sept 05). I'm still optimistic that season 4 and 5 will see the light of day. Maybe Paramount's schedule is too busy and they are looking for a window.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Seeing how we haven't heard any news of a Taxi Season 4 release,in the last 6 months,I'm going to go on the assumption that future releases have been discontinued.Which is too bad,because I was in for all five seasons.The same way I was in for all seven seasons of Family Ties,and all seasons of Bosom Buddies.Paramount has lost a lot of money from me.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Why is it taking so long to find out if the last two seasons,of Taxi,have been discontinued,or not?

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Probably because in the DVD world there is no such thing as discontinued. Look at Mary Tyler Moore. It took Fox, what, 3 or 4 years between releases? And Sony sure took their sweet time with All in the Family. The only sure thing about DVD releases is that there is no sure thing.

Mike*SC

Second Unit
Indeed, Michael. I'm sure Paramount has not made a decision to discontinue it forever, but it would seem it's not high on its list of priorities. What would inspire any company to announce that something will never come out? They don't make decisions like that, anyway. I'm sure that Sony hasn't specifically announced "We will never put out any more 'Larry Sanders Show' sets," but for a company with finite resources and finite man hours (that is, every company), more profitable projects naturally come first.

Some things are back-burnered and remain there indefinitely, past any logical expectation of continuation, but no company would ever say never. Except in the '80s, when Coke announced that "old" Coke would never return. That worked out well for them, didn't it?

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Another exception would be Lucas announcing that the "original 3" would never come out again in their original form. :D I don't see that changing any time soon.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
O.K. seriously..
What's up with Taxi. For me, it's the best "classic" release that Paramount has. With only two more seasons, please just release them already...:angry:

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
No such thing as discontinued?Michael,you must not have read any of The Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy Season 2 threads.It's mentioned that Paramount has officially discontinued further releases of those shows. True.There was a three or four year gap between releases of Mary Tyler Moore,and,yes,Sony took their sweet time with ALL In The Family.But Taxi is my favorite,tied with Family Ties,show of all time.I just don't want to have to wait three or four years before Season 4 is released,the same way,I'm sure,you wouldn't want to have to wait the same amount of time for seasons of your favorite show to be released. I wish Gord or Dave would clear the air for us,on this topic.It would me much appreciated.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Still no news on when,or if,this is going to be released?I'm p*ssed off.I check tvshowsondvd.com daily,hoping there'd be news on when season 4 is coming out,but there hasn't been a word in the nine moths since season 3 was released.Just watch how fast we'd get an answer if I asked about the O.C.,Dawson's Creek,Charmed,etc,or any of the crap curently on tv.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
actually, Dawson hasn't been on in three years, and there was a full year between season 5 and 6 of that too.

But yes, I feel your pain, it's time for Taxi season 4

Charlie Kaus

Agent
Well FYE had all 3 seasons buy 1 get 1 free today so I picked up seasons 2 & 3. Has anybody heard ANYTHING about seasons 4 and 5??? Surley they wouldn't cancel the series with it being more than halfway completed???

Charlie

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Taxi is one of the all time classic TV shows; enough with the delays! We want Seasons 4 & 5. It's not like Paramount has to start from scratch!

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I was just on the imdb,and read that we won't be getting season 4 and 5.The person who posted this said he/she contacted tvshowsondvd.com and received a reply saying "Paramount isn't going to release any more Taxi".Is this true?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Seems TSOD would have posted that info on the site, if true. I think imdb posts are pretty unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks