What's new

SVS wall hanging: a complete review (1 Viewer)

Erich S

Agent
Still waiting for reviews from the winners of the t-shirts. Can you plug a Sony Diskman to one of these? How do they sound connected to a car stereo? :)

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
She is also wondering if one of these cylinders could be turned into an up-light or a planter
Have you considered the combination port plug / up-light? It offers convenient sub tuning and home theater mood lighting in one handy package. The port plug / flower pot unit is scheduled to ship in June...

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
What wall is it hanging on and where on that wall is it placed? You have to be very careful with reflections and cancellation. 1/4" up, down, left, or right can make a HUGE difference. Try this along every 1/4" of every wall in your room until you find a place it works best. It may take some time and it not be pretty, but you wll be amazed with the results.

Also, even though it is a sub, have you tried toeing it in toward the sweet spot? Maybe away from the sweet spot?

If the above suggestions don't work, try it under your seat for more of a tactile transducer effect.

--Scott

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
One more thing I forgot to mention. Only use Nosferatu-Killer 100% Silver Wall-Hanger accesories. For the price you pay for it, it has to make something better.

--Scott

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Choices Choices! Would this new addition to any good hometheater look better in White or Black?!?!?! Ah... were are the comments about color coordination and WAF as per which color Wall Hanging to get!??! The Suspense is killing me :laugh:
Brian

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I am sure you thought of this but is it level, if it is not mounted level it will through everything off. I know they stoped shipping spikes with the floor models, maybe someone should call Ron and suggest they send them with the wall models!

NO, YOU FOOLS!!!!! :angry:
Chris, don't listen to any of these people!
No wonder you don't hear a difference on your DVD's, you're probably using optical interconnects. Use coax! EVERYBODY knows optical sounds like crap!

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Thanks to all for the overwhelming replies. I've tried each and every one of your advised techniques. I quit my job because I realized that it's just too much work to tweak a home theater and have a life outside of that. If people can make a living as beach bums, why not tweakers? What's that? Sorry... my wife was just taking a good hard look at the mail man. In the end, I realized that this SVS logo unit is just not going to suit my needs. It all comes down to that pesky 3D design. The letters that stick out from the black background created too many room peaks, and therefore an uneven sound. I've decided that I'm going to take off the SVS logo, and just go with the empty black rectange. That way, I don't have to buy an EQ.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks