What's new

SVS packaging (1 Viewer)

Joey_V

Second Unit
the problem with pb1... even a dual setup - not enough bass extension from 16-20hz. because of this: i also recommend TWO PB2 ultras... you live only once. :laugh:

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Guys-

I made my decision, with alot of expert help I might add.

I went for the PC+ 20-39.

Considering all the requirements of size, quality, function, cost, aesthetics, it seemed the best path to take.

Again, thanks for all for the comments, and help.

A special thanks to Edward for his insight.

And a huge thanks to Ron at SVS for being

incredibly helpful. He's a lucky guy!

To have a dream, and be making it real.

Which in turn makes us lucky.

SVS is a company run the way I like to think I would run it.

-Let there be Bass in this space-

-Miles

jan/m

Auditioning
just to add to the thread, i picked up mine last friday from the last of four cities it had gone through to make it to its final destination and the sub and its packaging were in perfect shape.

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
I have seen worse damage from carriers. Had a large server that was in a crate on a pallet and apparently the fork truck driver ‘missed the mark’, put the forks right through the crate and server. :) The carrier even argued with us that the damage was like that from the sender, well, we knew better we shipped it from one location to another, we packed it. We were the sender. To make a short story long, we sent it from the home office to a different location along with myself as an “I might need it”, type deal, I didn’t need it and sent it back. I was there when it was originally sent, when it arrived at the other location, when it was sent back, and again when it arrived at the home office. Needles to say, the carrier paid for the damage. I have seen many packages arrive in very bad condition over the years.

RogerMt

Grip
My PB2+ arrived with the little Mini-pallet feet crushed on one side. Someone else was there to sign for for me and I have to admit when I drove up and saw it all tilted to one side, I was a little worried. But the the box & sub were in great condition with no probs. Took a picture though, just in case.

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
but there won't be any charges on you at all (unless UPS says you wouldn't let them take the first one and decided to run twin SVS's ;^)
Back in 2001 I went from a single 16-46PC to dual 20-39CS+'s and never looked back. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Our PB2-Plus was delivered on a big truck by a carrier that handles large items, I guess. I think they are called Ohio-Penn Shipping or Cargo, or something like that. Very professional and the box was perfect when it arrived. I wish all companies delivered things that way. But as was said, with SVS you are always covered, some of the best customer service I have ever seen from anyone. They are real audio enthusiasts and super good guys to deal with. Simon Brown: Shipping cost on that monster must have been horrendous, but I'm sure you were all smiles when you fired it up. :) JohnMW: I agree, once you've heard the Plus drivers, you're *very* glad you have them in your SVS. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks