What's new

SVS packaging (1 Viewer)

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Send it back. If you don't, every time you hear (or think you hear) something not-quite-right you will be wondering if there is a problem with the sub.

Joey_V

Second Unit
send it back - most definitely. u deserve the entire sub.. even the box. u paid for it.

Dan D Burke

Agent
Sorry to hear that. As John said, everytime you think you hear a rattle you'll wonder. SVS is doing an outstanding job in helping you out. I wish all companies were like this.
UPS did a number on a pair of Phase Technology PC 8.5's. The guy I bought them from sent me pictures of the speakers before he shipped them. They sure didn't look like that after i got them. I waited all day for UPS to deliver them. As soon as I stepped in the shower I heard the truck. Be the time I got down stairs the driver had left. The speakers were sitting in the yard, in the snow. Here's the end result.
Here and Here

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Ok guys, you've convinced me, I'll send back the sub.

It's been a hell of a busy week at work, and I've still got two more days to go. I'll repair the box as best as I can; package it up on Sunday and ship it back on Monday.

For the brief time it's been in my possesion, it has lived up to expectation, and I'll miss it.

I hope SVS is able to get caught up with their orders, and can ship me out a couple soon. Yes, I'm going to buy a second. That was always the plan, I just wanted to do it one at a time to make sure I liked them.

But this time, I will have it shipped to my work address.

As I feel (after my conversation with him) that my delivery man may not be the whole problem, but he's definitely a part of it.

A sincere thanks to all my brothers here who have shared in my frustration, and have offered excellant advice.

Thank heavens for companies like SVS, who make your problems their problems until a remedy is found.

-Miles

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Miles,
Now that the smoke is visible coming from the Vatican chimney (and the sage council of Cardinals have spoken their mind ;^), let me just add that it's no problem at all to keep the current PB1-ISD until we can get you a replacement.
Demand for this sub has remaind just ahead of production capacity for some time now so it will be a week or two anyway. Better to use the box your new sub arrives in probably.
With any luck at all it'll be in somewhat better shape than the one you have now.
Erik Kroner will work with you if you drop us a note [email protected] or call to make the arrangements. I'm guessing the drop off (of the new sub) and pickup (old sub) will have to be on different days, but there won't be any charges on you at all (unless UPS says you wouldn't let them take the first one and decided to run twin SVS's ;^)
So use the sub for a bit longer, we'll refurb it and get it to a good home as a b-stock.
Ron

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Can't beat that Customer Service with a stick. Man all this talk is getting me on the track to buy one of these things in the near future.

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
I just got a huge pay increase with my new job so I'll be getting an SVS (or two) sooner than expected. It's threads like this that really seal the deal tho. :)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
(unless UPS says you wouldn't let them take the first one and decided to run twin SVS's ;^)
Ha! This might happen, Miles. Don't run them both co-located off a Y splitter unless you are prepared to keep them. The headroom and power of duals (or the PB2 in the case of many) is a sweet addiction with no cure. :emoji_thumbsup:

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Edward-

We watched Matrix Revolutions last night.

I ddn't know what I was missing before.

I'm a true SVS believer now.

As I posted earlier, I will run a dual setup.

my only question is:

Should I get a second box, or should the second sub be a tube? (PCi) I like the lower tune point 20Hz of the tube and they look cool.

My gal likes the low profile of the box (PB1) and the ability to put plants on top of it.

I'm thinking one of each.

-Miles

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
My vote is for a second matching box. I like the cylinders too, but the difference in tune point and extension between the PB1-ISD and the 20-39PCi probably won't be noticeable most of the time. The PB1-ISD digs pretty damn deep.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
but there won't be any charges on you at all (unless UPS says you wouldn't let them take the first one and decided to run twin SVS's ;^)
__________________________________________________ _________
I could see this happening. Once you get a taste, it's very hard to go back.
Ideally the second box would be optimal/best as Ed states Miles, but not necessarily a must do. While variety is nice it doesn't always hold true when trying for the best bass.;)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
"The PB1-ISD digs pretty damn deep."

AMEN!

Edward- a truly excellant review!

A second PB1 it is... that was easy.

But of course that involves a wait...

but yeah, it'll be worth it.

-Miles

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, I can't even imagine more base than 2 PB1's could provide.
Seriously, one, is twice as much bass as I had previously,
even though I was running two decent subs.
If I were to entertain such an idea, the added cost of the higher priced sub would pale in comparison to the construction costs of shoring up the foundation and walls of my home theater. :D
-Miles

Bach

Auditioning
Miles,
There's no such thing as too much bass:laugh:
Maybe this might persuade you if size or space is not an issue.
2 PB1-ISD's (black)= $1200 w/o shipping
PB2-ISD = $900 w/o shipping
PB2+ = $1200 w/o shipping

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Bach-
You're trying to confuse me with logical thinking. c:laugh:
Economicly, you have a very good argument. But the size not too mention weight, is more than I want to deal with.
For music, where the majority of sound is above 30Hz I like having the bass less centralized, more spread out across the listening area, hence a sub in both closed corners.
When the roof caves in...maybe too much bass. :D
-Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks