What's new

svs or hsu subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Guys, please. Let the forum owner(s) and Peter work this out in private.

I can tell you all,

1)SVS doesn't have ANY agreement with HTF regarding who can have banners here. We don't have any input at all. We have never been asked, and we have never give the HTF any advice in that regard.

2)SVS has been refused an ad banner at more than one other forum...with the reason being given a very specific "your banner next to XYZ will take business away from them. XYZ has been with us for years...so we will remain loyal to them and deny your request at this time" That is paraphrasing, but the meaning is accurate.

This(number 1 above) is simply another of the endless conspiracy theories we have seen generated by the same 2-3 individuals. Interestingly, many of these theories(falsehoods) seem to be born on a competitor's forum. And then it is the infamous..."I heard...blah,blah..."

Tom V.
SVS

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Chris:

Do you honestly think that simply making a subwoofer company an "official sponsor of HTF" or whatever could offset a poor or even average product? The only thing that would result from all of us "SVS lovers' bullsh*tting the rest of the forum about how great this line of subwoofers is, is a whole bunch of EXPENSE for SVS having to restock a whole lot of subs because they suck. It makes no sense that you say you're beginning to wonder whether or not SVS owners are loyal because of the product. Tom and Ron could be the greatest, nicest, smartest guys in the world and that would not matter one lick if the product they were marketing sucked.

As for the advertising issue, you are basically illustrating why it shouldn't be a matter of public debate. Forget the fact that the owners of this website can sell advertising to whomever the hell they choose......the whole 'he said, she said' should be a moot issue. In short, it's really none of our business.

chrisCo

Grip
Don't take the argument to its extreme. At no point did I ever state or allude that my position is moving from SVS as a best in class product to a poor product or that SVS lovers were for some reason grossly misrepresenting themselves.

It may however be reasonable for some, including myself to consider the possibility that the forum may not be managed in a way that is as impartial as ownership so vigorously claims given the back and forth. And now SVS jumps in, in what could be perceived as an attempt to try and take the heat off their boys. Maybe its stupidity, maybe its a healthy skepticism.

There is a aspect to human behavior to want to defend one's decisions, in light of this its not unreasonable for me to wonder if that coupled with some less than impartial control of the board explains at least a portion of the support and loyalty a particular manufacturer may enjoy.

I can say with certainty that I own products from neither, and have no underlying or private interest. My motivation for lurking around is to try and learn as much as possible to make the best decisions possible. Never heard of either company until a few months ago. I think, and so do others, that there might be a bias and you know what? That's cool. In light of statements made by the principals (this transcends the "he said she said" baseless statements) it seems reasonable to question what I originally thought could likely be the reasons for the bias.

I also accept that the business of the forum is not my business - until those same principals make it public (which they did). At that point it also seems permissible for the public to comment on that business.

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
Parker obviously wanted to publicly clear the air as far as the forum advertising is concerned. Nobody knows Parkers business like Parker and IMHO this helps clears the air. Looking at various past posts it seems the Svs exclusive advertisment rights where a long held belief. It is his prerogative to announce there is nothing stopping other subwoofer manufacturers like Hsu from advertising on the forum. Advertising is after all what keeps this forum ticking. You can never say business has no relationship and their must be checks and balances, just as magazines are questioned about their relationships with advertisers.

PC

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I for one believe the conspiracy theories. After seeing the advertising links to Bose dealers that sometimes crop up, I can understand why all those "Bose sucks" threads are replaced in the middle of the night with "Bose is the best" threads....uhhh, uhhhm... Nevermind:b

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The negative to this in HTF's way is that if they do come out and say that then it may limit their chances to get other sponsorship or vice versa.

This whole ordeal on many forums is just plain ridiculous.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

Alan, My problem is not people loving their gear and being happy about it. My problem is when people say something to the effect of "which would work better in my situation, this Klipsch sub or Paradigm sub"....then some fool inevitably comes in and says "dude, buy an SVS, they are the best ever".

And about the Peter posting what he did......if you recall "bro" Parker posted that Hsu never sent him anything and tried to lay it all to rest on the open forum.....Peter came on to show people that was not true and would love to advertise here if given the oportunity. He was not trying to make people look stupid.....I am not sure where you got that from. My suggestion is to calm down and enjoy your system.....you are taking things almost personaly it seems. Let Parker and Peter work this out, I am sure they don't need our help.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I have seen just as many threads that ask about SVS and somebody (notice I do not call them fools ) comes in and starts talking about Hsu. It is natural to want to convey to someone what you think is a better bargain, even if they do not ask. I myself try not to do this, but I can understand how it happens. Given the support for SVS by their customers on this forum, I'm sure the Hsu supporter will assume the role of "sticking up for the underdog" and conspiracy theorists see an x-files type battle against the evil forces of HTF/SVS. However, when you get down to brass tacks - a Hsu fan breaking into an inquiry about SVS is exactly the same as the example you state.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I don't know at all about this advertising or posting mess and I don't care to. I do know this... I sell a specific product (not related to audio/video at all) and I choose to advertise in certain places for my product. I always make sure that I am in control of my advertising that I pay big bucks for and also do a noncompete with who I am advertising with for as long as I pay to advertise. Why should I pay big bucks somewhere when someone else could come in with a similar product and advertise next to me... Not good marketing sense for any product.

Like I said before... let's let this thread die!!!!
Starting to be like it used to over at AVS and thats way too bad as I got to hate that place because of all the crap...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thread starter's original question

It seems that the discussion has wandered way off topic permanently which, in my opinion, is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks