What's new

SVS Launches Primes Series Speaker Family (1 Viewer)

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
How much longer til a review is forthcoming? Very interested in the Prime Bookshelves thoughts? Either a 5.1 or 7.1 setup. Thanks!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The sub shipped Friday and i expect it to arrive tomorrow. I will be setting things up on Wednesday and will post preliminary pictures of that and the BenQ 1075 I hope, the full review write ups will take a few more days. I'm pretty impressed with the 1075 BTW!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just an update: The shipment I was expecting today was actually a different review unit (a bluetooth speaker system) and not a SVS product, apparently I was confused. Looks like we are still a few weeks off from the sub shipping. Hang in there guys!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Good news: the sub has shipped for real this time and will be here tuesday. Should get it all set up mid week and will be writing up my experience by next weekend if all goes well.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yes and no. I picked the components with the concept of building the 'Ultimate office 5.1 setup' given that the components are small enough to fit in my nice little home office where I do most of my gaming. But I missed one key detail: SVS offered to send me a PC-2000 along with the Primes, when in my mind I heard SB-1000. One is 50 pound floor standing tube, the other is the inconspicuous 13" cube I was expecting =) So now it's become the Ultimate Bedroom set hehe. On the plus side the receiver and wiring are all set in my bedroom for this already whereas I'd have had to move a lot of stuff around in the office to make it work, so I got that going for me.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
System all set up, pictures taken and I got through a bit of movie viewing, including Guardians of the Galaxy and a bunch of Pixar's shorts. Partysaurus Rex had me in tears laughing and dropping the bass all over the place. Gonna take me a day or two to get some stereo listening in and the review written up (and I've got two other reviews going on at the same time) but first impressions are very favorable.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm wriapping up the review up this week, I had two other reviews at the same time and right in the middle of holidays so my schedule was bonkers, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks