What's new

Supplier for high quality capacitors, resistors, etc? (1 Viewer)

RichardHOS

Second Unit
Is there a preferred or "common" supplier of "audiophile" grade polypropylene caps, metal film resistors, etc., like PE seems to be for such a wide variety of stuff?

BTW, I looked at PE - they have a few things, but the selection seems limited. So who do you guys go to when building crossovers and such for good quality parts at good prices?

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
PE, Madisound, MCM Electronics, Speaker City. GR-Research also sells high quality crossover components at a good price - and "audiophile" quality at, well, "audiophile" prices. :D

RichardHOS

Second Unit
BTW, I mean active crossovers, which generally means small capacitance values, low wattage resistors, discrete op-amps, etc.

Paul Stiles

Agent
Mouser (www.mouser.com) has Xicon brand polystyrene capacitors in small values (100pf to 10,000pf) for 22 cents to 38 cents each. They also have metalized polyproylene capacitors.

Paul

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
How about North Creek Music Systems? George's parts are more "quality at whatever the cost". Not to say they would be considerd the best by everyone, but they seem to sound awesome in my Rhythm's. . .

North Creek XO parts

Brian

RichardHOS

Second Unit
Man, you guys are great. If I can't find what I need on one of the sites listed in this thread, I'm dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks