What's new

Super Deluxe Edition of The Sound of Music Soundtrack is Coming 12-01-23 (2 Viewers)

edelweissflower

Supporter
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY
I received my replacement disc today. Listened to the whole corrected Disc 4. There are a couple of tracks with Christopher Plummer‘s own voice. I really think they could have used them in the film. Just my opinion.
I received my replacement disc today and my whole collection.
Totally agree with you they could have used them in the film, after all if Mary Martin had, had her way he would have been in the original Broadway version in 1959 with her, using his own voice, he turned her down, however, telling her he was too young, so the part went to Theo Bikel.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Christopher Plummer's voice with the picture "Edelweiss"

Last edited:

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I received my copy today and I am dazzled by it. Right from the beginning - as the orchestra crescendos just before Julie sings, I could actually hear the buzzing of the tremolo in the lower strings. Good bumps. It is like washing a window or putting on glasses; the clarity of each instrument is a revelation, like being in the finest concert hall with perfect acoustics.

I can't say enough good things about this set. And the Atmos disc sounds fantastic also.

Rob Gilmore

Agent
I agree. The quality of the sound is incredible. Kudos to Mike Matessino.

Unfortunately, I was one of the early purchasers who received the flawed Disc 4. In fact, I bought two copies of the cd box set, so I need to get two replacement discs.

I have emailed the support address at Craft Recordings and I am sorry to report that I have received no acknowledgement or follow up from them. Just radio silence. So I have no idea whether I will receive replacement discs.

I purchased my two copies of the box set from Amazon, but their general policy is not to refund or replace flawed items after the end of January (for December purchases). So I'm not sure where that leaves me. As far as I know, the replacement discs weren't even available until after January anyway.

If there are any Amazon purchasers out there who have actually received the corrected Disc 4, could you provide details re: how you managed to get your replacement?

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray

Unfortunately, I was one of the early purchasers who received the flawed Disc 4. In fact, I bought two copies of the cd box set, so I need to get two replacement discs.

I have emailed the support address at Craft Recordings and I am sorry to report that I have received no acknowledgement or follow up from them. Just radio silence. So I have no idea whether I will receive replacement discs.

I purchased my two copies of the box set from Amazon, but their general policy is not to refund or replace flawed items after the end of January (for December purchases). So I'm not sure where that leaves me. As far as I know, the replacement discs weren't even available until after January anyway.

If there are any Amazon purchasers out there who have actually received the corrected Disc 4, could you provide details re: how you managed to get your replacement?
Back in December I emailed [email protected] and Gabe asked that I send a screenshot of the Amazon purchase receipt along with my mailing address. He acknowledged all my emails in a prompt manner and kept me informed as to the status of the replacement. My replacement disc arrived as soon as Craft had replacements available for mailing, which was about two weeks later.

edelweissflower

Supporter
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY

write or emailcraft recordings would be my advice if Amazon wont replace they are released to craft as part of the Rodgers & Hammerstein organisation Concord theatricals I have always found them very good to deal with especially as you have purchased two sets.

Rob Gilmore

Agent
Appreciate the advice.

In my original email to Craft, I indicated that I could provide my receipts if Craft needed copies. Never heard back.

I will email again and just attach the receipts this time. I will also request acknowledgement that Craft has received my follow-up email.

Stay tuned.

Rob Gilmore

Agent
Not long after I wrote back to Craft with copies of my Amazon invoices, the mailman arrived.

I am happy to report that the replacement discs arrived! :dancing-banana-04:

I am still perplexed at the lack of communication from Craft. Can't figure that out.

Anyway, thank you for sending them.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter

I received my set from Amazon before Christmas and disc 4 was labled "disc 4" so I didn't get around to playing it until 3 weeks ago...well past the closing date for a return. I explained the situation to the Amazon chat room attendant and they agreed to accept the set back for a refund if in good condition.
They would not exchange the flawed disc...that would have to be from the manufacturer. (I explained that it was a gift and I didn't have any info about the manufacturing, and explained the disc 4 printing lable error so it had to be played to discover the flaw. They sent a return lable and I received a refund. I went to Craft to repurchase the title rather than risking another flawed set from Amazon. The set from Craft was perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks