What's new
World Wide Stereo

Suggestions for 42" plasma or LCD (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the market for a new plasma or LCD tv for my living room. Due to limited wall space, I cant go much larger than a 42", but I want to stay with something around that size. I don't think I have a preference between LCD and Plasma, but I can't say im very familiar with the performance difference. From what I have read, they are fairly similiar in PQ and the the only advantage for LCD is a better picture in rooms with alot of sunlight. My room is fairly dark so this will not be a problem. I do want a 1080p set for sure. I was looking at a Pioneer set about a year ago and it had an external stand alone switch box that all the components connected to, and I liked that feature. I will probably be wall mounting the set so it would be ideal to have a box like that to allow for future components. I would like to stay around the 3000 range if possible. My favorite set right now is the sony xbr2's and 3's, but I'm open to any other suggestions. It will mainly be used for general TV watching and some occasional DVD's and video games. Thanks in advance for your help!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
If you want 1080p plasma isn't an option. Only goes to a legit 720p, but some can down convert 1080p.

Of course, 1080p is worthless on a 42" set unless you sit 5' from the screen.

$3k for a 42" set? You don't need to spend that much, but if you have that budget look at the Sony XBR2 and JVC ILDA for LCD (LCOS). Those are the best pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks