What's new
World Wide Stereo

Subwoofer Help Velodyne vs. Polk Audio (1 Viewer)

Steve Rawleigh

Auditioning
I have a friend who is setting up his first HT. I tried to get him to buy an SVS (PB2+), but he is "anti-internet" and I can't change his mind. He has a LARGE room - 18' X 33', but they are not bass fanatics. They primarily watch movies in this room. This will not be used for audio.

Now for the request for help.

He wants to buy from Tweeter due to purchasing some Denon AV gear there and Polk and Velodyne are the primary brands they carry.

Can anyone give me personal experience on Velodyne DPS, DLS-5000R series versus Polk Audio PSW505 and LSi/W or something else Tweeter caries. Main Speakers are Polk Audio RTi10, CSi5 Center and FXi5 surrounds.

Thanks for your help.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

mike>r

Grip
Steve,
I own a bunch of polk speakers with a velodyne ch 10 sub and I am very pleased.Polk subs suck to put it bluntly go with the veloydyne.But from what I've researched the svs is is the way to go ,I'd try to talk him into it, I've never heard any complaints with the svs.

Mike

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
the Velodyne is a pretty decent sub for the money I run one on one of my systems, but for a room that big Id rather have an svs myself.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Try to find out if there's anyone in your area with an SVS that would allow your friend to listen to it. Then let him listen to the Velodyne and compare them for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks